Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

THOMSON ST716v5 and SKY

This is a discussion on THOMSON ST716v5 and SKY within the Technical discussion forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; I'm trying to configer my THOMSON ST716v5 which I got with my freespeech.co.uk account. I've looked on a few sites ...

mccann85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waterlooville
      Broadband ISP: BE & O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

THOMSON ST716v5 and SKY

I'm trying to configer my THOMSON ST716v5 which I got with my freespeech.co.uk account. I've looked on a few sites on how to configer the router however I cant seem to get it to work.

I want to continue to use the Sky V1 router to connect to the internet and the THOMSON ST716v5 for the VoIP however the only two options i can find are to configer ST716v5 with ADSL(using it connect directly to the telephone socket) or Cable which enables port 4 as an WAN connection.

Any one got an idea how I can do this?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,421 Posts

Re: THOMSON ST716v5 and SKY

I have never used the router in question, but here is some generic advice.
      You will not be able to connect to the Sky router using wireless.

Rather than type it out again, have a look at this thread, just substitute your router for the Dlink.
      Using additional wireless router
      Your router will have an IP address of 192.168.1.254, you will have to change this to 192.168.0.254 to bring it in to the address range of the Sky router. I am not sure how you get to the LAN settings on the Thomson, but if there is not a tab on the set up interface, try typing http://dsldevice.lan in the address bar when you are on a set up page. When you get there, turn off the DHCP server and change the address, as detailed in the thread.
      Remember both routers can be returned to default using the reset button, so don't worry about making a mistake.

mccann85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Waterlooville
      Broadband ISP: BE & O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Thanks for you reply, however I really need specific as I have been able to set up the router as a bridge however the VoIP doesn't work.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,421 Posts

As I said I don't really know much about that router. It is possible the VoIP does not pass through the router but connects direct to the WAN. Are you using the WAN port to bridge? Not the ideal solution I know, but you can get VoIP phones which plug into the USB port of a PC. This might be your only option if it will not work, other than using the Thomson to connect direct to the Internet.
      It is also possible that Sky do not support this service. Maybe you should make enquiries about this through Sky's Customer Services.