Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Frustrated member - no replies to help requests

This is a discussion on Frustrated member - no replies to help requests within the Speak to the staff forums, part of the Website news category; I originally joined this forum on 6th April under the username RickCB. After using the forum successfully for a short ...

Rick2250 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01784
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: BT Infinity hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Frustrated member - no replies to help requests

I originally joined this forum on 6th April under the username RickCB. After using the forum successfully for a short while I encountered a problem wherein my login was not accepted. Two weeks ago I sent a request for help with this matter using the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the screen. I received no reply.

I tried again a couple of days ago. Again, no reply. I have now been forced to create a new account just to get into the forum to see if I can find a way to access my original account. Not the most satisfactory way to do things.

I hope I get some kind of response to this message from someone who can help solve my problem.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Frustrated member - no replies to help requests

Hi Rick, apologies you haven't had a response. I'm not sure where the contact us emails actually go, nothing has appeared in the moderators forum.

I can have a look into things, but can you re-confirm what action/help you were asking for? Do you want your original account reactivating or?

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've just searched by username (RickCB), by your IP and looked through every new user since 01/01/2016 and can't find RickCB or any other account set up from the same IP address I'm afraid. The software doesn't allow us to search by your email address.

Do you know when your last post was under RickCB and what it was about?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have to agree with Red, no user name RickCB is listed as having ever joined the forum. Are you sure this was the name you used? There was a member joined 20th April called Ruchardcb, which is the nearest to your name. Only one member joined on 6th April with the username Guybrush_Threepwood. Would any of these be you?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks for responding to my message. Firstly, my apologies, I got my dates wrong. I first tried to join SkyUser on 6 April but had trouble registering (a message was sent to 'Contact Us' requesting clarification - again, no reply ) but it wasn't until 20 April that I was finally able to successfully register as Richardcb (RickCB was the nickname I chose). I created a thread called 'Is there any future for a dead Sky+ Box?'.

On 21 April I had problems logging in. Both the password I created and the one you sent me on registration did not work. I sent you an email as a reply to the 'Welcome to Sky User' message I had received (administrator@skyuser.com) asking for help. I received no response to this.

On Monday 2 May I, once more, tried to contact you using the 'Contact Us' option on this site. I got no response. Yesterday (4th) I decided the only way to get back into the forums was to create a new account - this one.

I would like to have my original account back. Can you please issue me with a new password so that I can access is again?

Thank you for your attention.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Can you please try logging in again using Ruchardcb? It looks like you may have made a typo when you first registered, but your original password should work..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

As mentioned by Tom, there isn't a user of RichardCB, but RuchardCB.

Your original thread is at Is there any future for a dead Sky+ HD box?

Now you know the correct username, you should be able to log in either using the correct, albeit incorrectly spelt, RuchardCB username with what you suspect is your password or you can use the standard forgotten password button.

Your profile is at View Profile: ruchardcb - Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky!

I can look at amending the username to be correctly spelt with an I not a U when you are back in the account.

As you can see, the problems are due to the incorrectly spelling of your username as opposed to the passwords not working.

ruchardcb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Thanks guys, that seems to have been the problem. I made a typo when I registered. I'm a little confused though. I'm sure - but can't confirm - that when I logged in originally my nickname of RickCB was displayed, rather than 'ruchardcb' which is currently being shown. If I had seen that first time round I would have realised my mistake.

If you could correct the spelling of my username, reddwarfcrew, I would appreciate it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'll do my best, might need to find a moderator with the right permission levels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I'll do my best, might need to find a moderator with the right permission levels.
      No problem. At least I can now access my account(s).