Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Closing Sky account

This is a discussion on Closing Sky account within the Speak to the staff forums, part of the Website news category; I have been trying to cancel my complete Sky account since the first week in December I have made countless ...

BLUEBELT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: want Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Closing Sky account

I have been trying to cancel my complete Sky account since the first week in December I have made countless phone calls I wrote to cancel and sent a recorded delivery letter on the 18th of December to the correct Sky address I have sent web emails. I have to close my account I am 76 and have moved into a retirement flat where no "Dishes" are allowed so cant get Sky.
      this is the latest email I sent
      "On the 18th Of December I sent a recorded delivery letter to sky cancelling my complete Sky account -as I have now moved into a retiement flat that allows NO Sky dishes or any other dishes. I have been trying to get a response from Sky for weeks. I will end my direct Debit to Sky after my last payment to you which will be taken on 12/01/2010 you can bill my for any outstanding money owing to you after this.
      I have been a good customer of Sky and cannot understand the very poor service I have had on this matter"
      What can I do about this? I know I will owe money for ending a contract early but I am willing to pay this the minute I can get the account closed and recieve the bill, this is causing me a lot of stress. Thank for any help.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Closing Sky account

If you don't mind telling a little white lie, you could always ring and tell them that you are moving to a retirement property near your family in spain and could they arrange for their service to be installed there, if they need more details, tell them it is being handled by the family from their end.

As they cannot do this, they will drop your contract like a tonne of bricks with no termination fee etc.

BLUEBELT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Broadband ISP: want Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      If you don't mind telling a little white lie, you could always ring and tell them that you are moving to a retirement property near your family in spain and could they arrange for their service to be installed there, if they need more details, tell them it is being handled by the family from their end.

As they cannot do this, they will drop your contract like a tonne of bricks with no termination fee etc.
      Better than that I have been advised to take legal action against them

Styluss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I work for sky on a different department that would deal with this. But far as im aware all you need to do if your happy to pay the amount to cancel your account early in your 12 months contract is ring up the cancellations team and they will take this payment and any outstandin payments and cancel your account with no problems. I see you tried to make countless phone calls - what was the reason they gave you for not being able to cancel your account?

misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

surely if you explain the situation sky should be able to go out of their way a bit to sort this out, its not your fault if you cant get sky tv at your new premises.. sky should understand this instead of trying to get every last penny out of their loyal customers!

davidmcd88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01236
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Styluss View Post
      I work for sky on a different department that would deal with this. But far as im aware all you need to do if your happy to pay the amount to cancel your account early in your 12 months contract is ring up the cancellations team and they will take this payment and any outstandin payments and cancel your account with no problems. I see you tried to make countless phone calls - what was the reason they gave you for not being able to cancel your account?
      what you on about?? if you work in cancellations you should know they need to write into cancel account if the account is within contract.....

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

davidmcd88
      Hi you did read Styluss post did`nt you

I work for sky on a different department that would deal with this