Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Skyuser.co.uk - Unofficial or official?

This is a discussion on Skyuser.co.uk - Unofficial or official? within the Speak to the staff forums, part of the Website news category; Dingdong, I acknowledge and understand and personnally i have never said i disagree, all we asked was not to discuss ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Dingdong, I acknowledge and understand and personnally i have never said i disagree, all we asked was not to discuss it on here, let me show you a thread,

Chocolate Fireguard

in here the information is given to any one who may need to find the info, without giving a link, I have not got a problem with that. The fact that that post has not been edited or deleted proves this.

Yes I understand people are cheesed off with the routers, that is blatantly obvious, Jose did good work on his findings, however, if you are technically competent, which a lot of you guys are, these findings mean something to you.

If you are a broadband newbie, then it is quite daunting to read, well i have to do this, i have to do that etc etc.

We aint here to cheese you off as well, we compromised on the router tutorial and the fact that we left the post there, only locking it, i would like to think that we proved we were not run by Sky.

Whether Sky come aboard or not, thats their choice. As for router discussion and problems, by all means open a new thread.

We aint here to have arguements and I thought the standard of moderation was high.

We want to help all Sky broadband members, present and future, and only with debate can we do this and sensible advice.

As a place for the more advanced guys and gals on here to go to, would you be happy with a technical forum, where advanced topics can be talked about.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      contraste is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bloomsbury aka Howland St
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Personally I think info on router hacks, modifications, improvements -call them what you will- are extremely useful.

Couldn't you simply have a clear warning at the top of each such thread warning that carrying out such procedures is at your own risk?

On other forums there are, for example, lively discussions on how to modify the Sky HD box and yet Sky still officially post on those same forums. Mods do not condone or chastise such discussions because that what public forums are for, surely?

I must add that I agree with the person who said that he will do whatever he wishes with his own equipment, of course if he, or I, break it, we only have ourselves to blame.

Ultimately, of course, you will decide for yourselves how you want your forums run but I'm sure you will agree that constructive criticism can be very enlightening.

Jose Cardoso Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR
      As a place for the more advanced guys and gals on here to go to, would you be happy with a technical forum, where advanced topics can be talked about.
      I think that would be most appreciated by those of us interested in such topics. Just as long as the moderation is sensible.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Jose Cardoso View Post
      IJust as long as the moderation is sensible.
      and the attitude of the posts and yes including me

i think the first thread in there should be about SkyUser discussing the router hacks etc i want to gauge what users want

i also want to appologise to anyone i have offended

Sorry

Glenn
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Jose

As long as our rules aint broken we wont need to moderate :-)

As i said before you did good work, but please remember a lot of people, myself included, are not technically competent like yourself and others.

As for your website, there is nothing to stop you adding that to your profile.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      At the end of the day it is a bit pointless trying to sensor what is out of the bag anyway - all people will do is find the information they want elsewhere. I think a techie section is a good idea - have a warning that anything found and tried within is at your own risk (even though in reality, there is no risk) and you will not get support on it from sky and that it may break your terms and conditions you agreed to when you entered the contract.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      names for the new forum?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Jose

I think its a good idea as well and as for the moderation its very sensible if a rule is there to be enforced then it will be since thats there job.

What really cracks me up in all this is there have been a few posts edited or removed for discussing hacking and all the knowable users are up in arms about it and yet no one person bitching about all the posts that have been edited or deleted for swearing and there have been 100's of them.

So from the reaction of a lot of people in here about this subject I take it you are all in favour of one rule being broken and yet another rule being observed.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      As long as our rules aint broken we wont need to moderate :-)
      So what will change then?

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      First of all I am moving this thread to speak to the staff

So what will change then?
      What would it take to make you happy?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast