Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cannot send mail

This is a discussion on Cannot send mail within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; I received an email from sky yesterday: We've noticed that you haven't signed into your Sky Yahoo Email in the ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Cannot send mail

I received an email from sky yesterday:

We've noticed that you haven't signed into your Sky Yahoo Email in the last five months.

If you would like to continue using your account please sign in within the next 30 days. If not, we'll assume you're not using your account and suspend it in line with the terms of the Sky Yahoo Mail Terms and Conditions. Once suspended you won't get any new emails in your inbox.

After another 30 days, we'll delete and de-activate your email, calendar, chat and address book and you will not be able to recover this information.

This will not affect your Sky ID or any other Sky services.

Etc etc.
      I just checked when i opened my gmail accounts & it was may 2013.

So thanks for the warning sky but you're 2 years late there.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Looks like your attempt at opening your email account triggered an automatic response from Sky.

I have just noticed that this thread is in the Skyuser email section which has/had nothing to do with Sky email

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mariahodge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HI, I have had the same problem with Outlook in the last couple of months - I can receive emails fine but cannot send emails - I have been looking for solutions again this morning and still cannot find out why this is happening. Ever since Sky changed over to Yahoo there have been problems. I also have problems accessing my 5 other email accounts on the Sky Yahoo site as you now need an alternative email address to sign in but I only have one email address and could only use this one on my main email account - it asks for a different email address as gmail already used so I cannot get into these emails on the sky website which is absolutely ridiculous and as you cannot email sky I have written to them several times to resolve this issue and also called and they do not know what I am talking about - and now this problem with sending emails I am well and truly peeeed off - anyone got any solutions for either of these problems please - thanks

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Hi Mariahodge, Sky's policy now is that for every Sky email you have it must have a non Sky Email registered to it so for example a yahoo email. These 3rd party emails can also only be connected to one Sky email at a time so if you have 5 Sky email addresses then you will need 5 different third party email addresses. Without meeting this criteria you won't access your other emails.

As for the issue with Outlook that could be caused by various things, go to yahoo then try signing into yahoo mail using your full Sky email address as the username and then also your password. This then syncs your username and password with yahoo, failing that you are best contacting Sky's support lines so they can check things like the I'D hasn't been locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

if you have 5 Sky email addresses then you will need 5 different third party email addresses.
      I can't think of anything more ridiculous.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mariahodge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1979 View Post
      Hi Mariahodge, Sky's policy now is that for every Sky email you have it must have a non Sky Email registered to it so for example a yahoo email. These 3rd party emails can also only be connected to one Sky email at a time so if you have 5 Sky email addresses then you will need 5 different third party email addresses. Without meeting this criteria you won't access your other emails.

As for the issue with Outlook that could be caused by various things, go to yahoo then try signing into yahoo mail using your full Sky email address as the username and then also your password. This then syncs your username and password with yahoo, failing that you are best contacting Sky's support lines so they can check things like the I'D hasn't been locked.

Absolutely ridiculous - I do not have 5 more email addresses - so if I have any problems seeing my emails in outlook or windows mail I cannot get into my sky yahoo email??????

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply Mariahodge, you are right that if you need to access your sky emails and they don't have individual 3rdparty emails attached you will ha very issues.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1979 View Post
      Just use gmail. Put dots in the middle of the username and they can all link to the same account but will show as different accounts to Sky (and almost any other site). eg xxx..x..xxx@gmail.com, I only have 2 sky.com email addresses but they have worked fine by doing this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      Just use gmail. Put dots in the middle of the username and they can all link to the same account but will show as different accounts to Sky (and almost any other site). eg xxx..x..xxx@gmail.com, I only have 2 sky.com email addresses but they have worked fine by doing this.
      Now people are being asked to verify the 3rd party email attached to their username so when you try to log into the email account it will send an email to the 3rd party email. This will contain a link that once pressed gives access to the Sky email. If you have a fake email you cannot verify it with the link so chest to the Sky email will not be granted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123