Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can receive but not send

This is a discussion on Can receive but not send within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; Up until today i have been able to send and receive email from my Sky email account using my Iphone ...

carpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01474
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Can receive but not send

Up until today i have been able to send and receive email from my Sky email account using my Iphone 5S but when i tried to forward an email earlier today i got an error message saying that the password for the account is incorrect,i thought this strange as it had just downloaded my new mails so i re entered the password and tried again,no luck and the same password error, i then tried just sending a mail and not forwarding one but got the same result, i sent an email to my account with a colleagues Iphone and it downloaded to my phone with no problem

i have not altered any settings on the handset and when we checked with my colleagues handset the Sky mail settings were exactly the same as on mine, i dont understand how the password can be wrong when it receives mail but wont send it

any suggestions greatly appreciated

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Can receive but not send

Quote Originally Posted by carpy View Post
      Up until today i have been able to send and receive email from my Sky email account using my Iphone 5S but when i tried to forward an email earlier today i got an error message saying that the password for the account is incorrect,i thought this strange as it had just downloaded my new mails so i re entered the password and tried again,no luck and the same password error, i then tried just sending a mail and not forwarding one but got the same result, i sent an email to my account with a colleagues Iphone and it downloaded to my phone with no problem

i have not altered any settings on the handset and when we checked with my colleagues handset the Sky mail settings were exactly the same as on mine, i dont understand how the password can be wrong when it receives mail but wont send it

any suggestions greatly appreciated
      Are you using SSL on the sending of your emails? It used to be optional but Yahoo requires it now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegun For This Useful Post:

carpy (25-08-14)

carpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01474
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply, yes SSL in enabled but i still get the incorrect password error.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Try going into your account and change the password.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.