Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with receiving / sending emails on one account only

This is a discussion on Problems with receiving / sending emails on one account only within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi there, Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this annoying problem I have with my sky email. I ...

rammy104 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willowcroft
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Problems with receiving / sending emails on one account only

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this annoying problem I have with my sky email.
      I have 3 sky.com email accounts including my wifes. I am using M'soft live mail as my email client and all 3 have been set up identically. ( All pop and smtp ports and verifications etc) However for a few months one of my email accounts throws up smtp errors and fails. If I delete the account from live mail and recreate it works fine for a few hours or even days then the same problem arises. The sky web mail works fine ( i hate the yahoo version tho as its so clumsy and I cant transfer the thousands of read emails in my inbox to another folder easily )
      I have tried another client such as "outlook " and have the same problem with this particular email account of mine.
      Incidentally no such problems occur on my apple based ipad and itouch so at least I have easy access to my email.
      Its just so annoying it goes pear shaped on my windows 7 pc.
      Wonder if anyone has any ideas on this problem.
      Many thanks in advance,

Bret

2. Advertisement
      rammy104 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willowcroft
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Problems with receiving / sending emails on one account only

Regarding my email problem . I have resolved the issue but not happy with the solution lol
      I had around 16000 to 17000 read emails in my sky web inbox, and this seems to be around the limit. Reducing these emails by transferring a chunk of them to a new " inbox copy" folder cleared the problem. The space taken by these 16000 emails was tiny compared to the sky email inbox limit, so I have no idea why I have this obscure problem.
      The latest yahoo email makes it a lot easier to copy emails in bulk to a new folder ,as the previous yahoo version had a maximum limit of 200 per "move" function.
      Wonder if anyone has any comment on the above.
      Thanks again

Bret

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Problems with receiving / sending emails on one account only

There is another way around this.

Currently your settings are to leave a copy of the email on the server. You could change them so that the email is removed when it is downloaded to Outlook. Of course this means that you wouldn't be able to see the email afterwards on a phone or tablet, but it would resolve the issue.

Personally mine are set to leave the messages on the server and I'd forgotten that I had a similar problem that you've experienced. I spent a few hours moving the messages to different folders.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

rammy104 (08-06-14)