Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Send an email from another account

This is a discussion on Send an email from another account within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; Send an email from another account If you'd like your outgoing Sky Yahoo Mail messages to display another one of ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you'd like your outgoing Sky Yahoo Mail messages to display another one of your email addresses in the From: field, instead of your Sky Yahoo Mail address, just follow the steps below.

1. Sign in to Sky Yahoo Mail.
      2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window and select Settings.
      3. Select Accounts, followed by Add.
      4. In the Add Account window enter the following information:

Email address: This is the email address you’d like to send email from – from within your Sky Yahoo Mail. Please note that you'll be asked to verify this address.

Description: This is an account name for your own reference, which no one else will see for example, Work, School, etc.
      5. Click Save.
      6. You’ll need to verify the email address that you provided. To do this, check your other email account and you’ll have an email from Yahoo with the subject line "Verify this email address." Click the link inside the email to verify your email address.

Once you have completed the steps above, you‘ll be able to send emails from your other account. Click on the arrow to the right of the From field when composing an email and you’ll be able to select which address the message is sent from.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

puppet (08-04-14),Scubbie (16-02-14)

3. Advertisement
      brynhyfryd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01792
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Send an email from another account

Thanks

mjpromo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01237
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi
      Since the server went down the other day I have been trying to set up by non-sky email address on Windows Mail as I have read on here that it is now possible to do this with Yahoo. However I can't get it to work, so have tried going back to skyuser and now its not letting me send out using the server...the error message is The rejected e-mail address was 'fleur1212@gmail.com'. Subject 'working?', Account: 'imap.mjpromo.co.uk', Server: 'mail.skyusermail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 We do not relay without RFC2554 authentication.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 - any ideas, help would be much appreciated. Thanks

gilbert is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post

If you'd like your outgoing Sky Yahoo Mail messages to display another one of your email addresses in the From: field, instead of your Sky Yahoo Mail address, just follow the steps below.

1. Sign in to Sky Yahoo Mail.
      2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window and select Settings.
      3. Select Accounts, followed by Add.
      4. In the Add Account window enter the following information:

Email address: This is the email address you’d like to send email from – from within your Sky Yahoo Mail. Please note that you'll be asked to verify this address.

Description: This is an account name for your own reference, which no one else will see for example, Work, School, etc.
      5. Click Save.
      6. You’ll need to verify the email address that you provided. To do this, check your other email account and you’ll have an email from Yahoo with the subject line "Verify this email address." Click the link inside the email to verify your email address.

Once you have completed the steps above, you‘ll be able to send emails from your other account. Click on the arrow to the right of the From field when composing an email and you’ll be able to select which address the message is sent from.

Thank you, but can you point me to a link which instructs me how to set up SKy Yahoo Mail as my SMTP server in my email mail client ( Thunderbird), properly, please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
      Thank you, but can you point me to a link which instructs me how to set up SKy Yahoo Mail as my SMTP server in my email mail client ( Thunderbird), properly, please.
      You will find full instructions for Thunderbird here - Get emails on other clients | Sky Help

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks....cos I'm getting nowhere fast.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still getting nowhere fast...I had already seen that guide before....but it doesn't go into SMTP security protocols...but I tried them all ....and changed port Nos..

...you're gonna get a lot of this....chaos I mean.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Perhaps you need a paid for service that comes with sla's and support. Just a thought.
      Saturday likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
      Still getting nowhere fast...I had already seen that guide before....but it doesn't go into SMTP security protocols...but I tried them all ....and changed port Nos..

...you're gonna get a lot of this....chaos I mean.
      This is how my Thunderbird is set up.-
      Send an email from another account-sky.jpgSend an email from another account-skyog.jpgSend an email from another account-hmail.jpgSend an email from another account-oghm.jpg

The first shows the incoming settings for my Sky account, the second, the outgoing settings for my Sky account. The third and fourth show the incoming and outgoing settings for my non-Sky account.

I don't use encrypted email so if that is what you are after, I can't help.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thank you, that's the excellence I've come to expect from you guys....paid for or not.

PS

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Perhaps you need a paid for service that comes with sla's and support. Just a thought.

I thought I had that when I joined Sky....it speaks volumes that people came here for service and support.
      Last edited by gilbert; 13-04-14 at 03:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast