Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Emails not being sent

This is a discussion on Emails not being sent within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; For the past week I keep getting emails returned with different messages. For example; Mail server for "live.co.uk" unreachable for ...

Beowulf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Emails not being sent

For the past week I keep getting emails returned with different messages. For example;

Mail server for "live.co.uk" unreachable for too long

Message expired for domain googlemail.com. Remote host said: 421 4.7.0 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. tb4si108194pab.232 - gsmtp [BODY]

Mail server for "waldonet.net.mt" unreachable for too long

Mail server for "gmail.com" unreachable for too long

No MX or A records for bodetravels.com

No MX or A records for onvol.net

No MX or A records for onvol.net

Mail server for "bodetravels.com" unreachable for too long

These are people I have been emailing for years. There is nothing wrong with their accounts and the only thing that has changed with mine is this stupid changeover to Yahoo, the spam king of the world. After the changeover which took a bloody month before my emails were working right again everything seemed to go okay and all my email accounts were working correctly. Now this crap starts. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking of changing ISP as I now consider Sky to be rubbish. I have been emailing their help centre all week and they don't even have the bloody decency to answer me. I was also promised a refund due to the fact that I was without my primary account for a month. Of course that was just another lie from Sky as I have never received anything. Some of the emails I send are important and I can't afford to be sending an email and then getting a message 24 hours later to say that it hasn't been sent. Total rubbish ISP. If anyone is looking in here with the idea of switching to Sky forget it!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Emails not being sent

Do what others have done, open a Gmail account and use that. You can set up your Sky emails to be forwarded to your Gmail account if you wish.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.