Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 51

    Errors - 4th February 2012 (Resolved)

    This is a discussion on Errors - 4th February 2012 (Resolved) within the SkyUser Mail / SMTP forums, part of the Community channel category; Turning off the Mail Shield in Avast solves the problem. I'll have a play and see if I can isolate ...

    1. #21
      Wingco's Avatar
      Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      296
      Thanks
      19
      Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

      Errors - 4th February 2012 (Resolved)

      Turning off the Mail Shield in Avast solves the problem. I'll have a play and see if I can isolate exactly what Avast doesn't like.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #22
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,212
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 377 Times in 305 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by Wingco View Post
      Turning off the Mail Shield in Avast solves the problem. I'll have a play and see if I can isolate exactly what Avast doesn't like.
      Looks like something to do with SSL - Glenn will know I bet.




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    4. #23
      jameskm's Avatar
      jameskm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      6
      Thanks
      2
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Is there a specific error like Keith is having?
      Thanks for the reply.

      No, I'm not getting any specific error numbers or details like that (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!). I just gett an error message saying that the message sending failed, that the connection to the server is being lost in the middle of the transaction, and to try again or contact the network admin.

      The server I'm using is: mail.skyusermail.com

      Has that changed in the switchover?

    5. #24
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,212
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 377 Times in 305 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by jameskm View Post
      Thanks for the reply.

      No, I'm not getting any specific error numbers or details like that (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!). I just gett an error message saying that the message sending failed, that the connection to the server is being lost in the middle of the transaction, and to try again or contact the network admin.

      The server I'm using is: mail.skyusermail.com

      Has that changed in the switchover?
      No - We duplicated the machines then swapped the old servers IP address to the new servers IP address so it should just swap over no problems, the only other thing I can think of is a firewall rule on the server side, which we are looking into now anyway.




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    6. #25
      Wingco's Avatar
      Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      296
      Thanks
      19
      Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

      Re: We're On The Move!

      The Avast problem is fixed by opening the Mail Shield and unticking "scan outbound messages" Why that should affect the server connection is a mystery.

    7. #26
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,212
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 377 Times in 305 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by Wingco View Post
      The Avast problem is fixed by opening the Mail Shield and unticking "scan outbound messages" Why that should affect the server connection is a mystery.
      Keith

      I am just going to try something else now, give it 30 seconds and try with the shield on?




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    8. #27
      Wingco's Avatar
      Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      296
      Thanks
      19
      Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

      Re: We're On The Move!

      An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test AVAST MAIL SHIELD ON', Account: 'Keith Which', Server: 'mail.skyusermail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

    9. #28
      jameskm's Avatar
      jameskm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      6
      Thanks
      2
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      No - We duplicated the machines then swapped the old servers IP address to the new servers IP address so it should just swap over no problems, the only other thing I can think of is a firewall rule on the server side, which we are looking into now anyway.
      Ok, will keep trying and perhaps your firewall investigations will turn something up.

    10. #29
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,212
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 377 Times in 305 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by Wingco View Post
      An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test AVAST MAIL SHIELD ON', Account: 'Keith Which', Server: 'mail.skyusermail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
      Could you try again Keith?




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    11. #30
      Wingco's Avatar
      Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      296
      Thanks
      19
      Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

      Re: We're On The Move!

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Looks like something to do with SSL - Glenn will know I bet.
      Avast has mail.skyusermail.com PROTOCOL smtp PORT 25 ENCRYPTION TLS.

      Is that how it should be?

     

     
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION