Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

3rd parties and shoddy workman ship

This is a discussion on 3rd parties and shoddy workman ship within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I am really fizzing, here is the day: Girlfriend had to stay at home because when Sky booked the call ...

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

3rd parties and shoddy workman ship

I am really fizzing, here is the day:

Girlfriend had to stay at home because when Sky booked the call they corrupted my portfolio and as a result I could not book the date I wanted, only the date that was given on the diary.

So the sub contractors arrived, said that they would not fit multiroom and instead of running a new cable bored a hole at the side of the water plate on the outside and pushed another cable through. Didn't put another plate on top.

They did not pair the card so I can get the sky mix but not the movies or the sky + functions.

There was meant to be a free service call but as they were only installers they could not fix the faulty digi box that was meant to be fitted for multiroom- they could have fitted it anyway as it is only the odd channel that plays up. .

As this has been a saga due to the corrupt portfolio the sky adviser has phoned to ensure the engineers had contacted us and again afterwards. She was not happy to here the outcome and asked that we leave it with her and not phone again, as this might create to many advisers dealing with the situation. She would pass it to a colleague after 3pm- when she finished and if we didn't hear from them we would hear on monday from the original adivser.

In a nutshell

1) I have three cables running outside instead of two.
      2) I have no multiroom.
      3) I have no Sky + functionality or Sky movies.
      4) I got a Thomson box - Views please

I am a little concerned with the leave it with me and don't phone or it will get confusing tact.

What compensation should I ask for? Considering when I asked yesterday due to be screwed around with the portfolio corruption I got told, you are getting a free service call - that is all we will give. Put it in writing! - (The free service call was agreed when the Sky +_ was first booked because I took Sky + , Multiroom, Sky BB and Skytalk. So it was no comp!

2. Advertisement
      yodasarmpit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 3rd parties and shoddy workman ship

Sent you a PM