Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Home move no signalonly th

This is a discussion on Home move no signalonly th within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi there ive just moved house and followed the steps to notify sky about my new dress etc. upon plugging ...

Johnmorril is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Home move no signalonly th

Hi there

ive just moved house and followed the steps to notify sky about my new dress etc.

upon plugging my sky ox into the existing cabling at my new flat I get error 25 - no satellite signal.

ive phoned their tech support and done the swap cables etc

The only thing I can think is that the cables are split from a virgin media cable. I am in a block with a communal dish and neighbours have sonal

i am loathe to pay 65 for an engineer so want to exist all options before doing so.

Does anyone have experience of a similar situatjon?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Home move no signalonly th

I'm assuming that you have a Sky+ HD box which was working perfectly well before the move and that it hasn't been dropped or damaged during the move to your new flat. In that case if you have a communal dish and you are not allowed to have your own individual dish then you would probably be wasting your time and money by booking a visit from a Sky engineer.

Do the existing cables appear to be undamaged?
      Did they have the correct plugs, firmly attached, with the centre core protruding slightly beyond the threaded end of the plugs?

Can you see where the other end of the cables go to (eg. a wall mounted faceplate)?
      Is there a normal TV aerial that can plug into the back of the television and if so does it work?

If there is nothing obviously wrong then your next step should be to contact your landlord or managing agent to check if there is a maintenance contract in place for the communal dish. This is more likely in larger blocks where there are more than 40 flats but it is still worth checking even in smaller blocks.

Without a maintenance contract your only option would be to contact the firm who installed the communal dish but there would most likely be a call out charge in addition to the cost of any items that need replacing.

Smir is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01233
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 x3
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Home move no signalonly th

Might be a long shot, but if it is plugged into a booster of some sort, is it powered? if so is it turned on?

20/10/2013 Fibre Order
      17/12/2013 Fibre Installation Date
      28/01/2014 Fibre Pro Upgrade