Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By JPL

Is there a problem with ITV Player at the moment?

This is a discussion on Is there a problem with ITV Player at the moment? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Is there a problem with ITV Player at the moment? 1. Despite an image from the programme being used as ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

1. Despite an image from the programme being used as the icon for more than one category within the On Demand guide, the new episode of Foyle broadcast on Sunday is still not yet available to download.

2. Much of the HD content has been removed, I think.
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,796 Posts

Re: Is there a problem with ITV Player at the moment?

Hi JPL,

I have just performed a search for Foyle's War (just typed in "foyle" and found last Sunday's episode listed in the On Demand section. I also checked the CUTV section and found it listed under Drama (The Hide series 6 ep 3).

I think that ITV has messed up though, hence your confusion. Sunday's picture shows Foyle's War, but it was shown on Saturday instead.

As for HD, sadly the ITV Player, and also now 4oD, only have SD content. It has been raised, but if you wish to contact both providers directly, please feel welcome to do so.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

JPL
      Thanks

I have tried search (just "Foy" is sufficient) and browsing via Drama, Day and All Programmes. Under CUTV the only episodes are old ones on ITV3.

The first episode of the new series, broadcast on ITV1 last Sunday 24th at 8pm, is nowhere to be found.

I hadn't realised we are regressing to SD in the UK while TV manufacturers are working on 4k - presumably these will sell like hot cakes, but not until about 2100 in the UK. Now that's a long term investment.
      JPL

JPL
      Thanks

I followed the suggestion and contacted ITV via web form. The acknowledgement said they normally respond within 24 hours. They did not, but after just over 3 days two separate CS team members replied!

We aim to get programmes uploaded onto all ITV Player platforms as quickly as possible. Most shows are available between 30 minutes and 2 hours after they are broadcast on television, however some shows can take slightly longer.

Our Technical Team were aware of an issue affecting the episode of Foyle's War from Sunday 24th March 2013 for the Sky Anytime+ ITV Player platform. This has since been resolved and the episode should now be available to view.

It is - Foyle's War 7/1 became available some time during the day on Thursday - in SD, of course.

With regards to the availability of High Definition (HD) content via the ITV Player, at this time the content be viewed in Standard Definition (SD). However, we are always looking for ways to expand and improve our services to suit our viewers' needs and may make HD content available in the future.

We wait in hope...
      Scubbie likes this.
      JPL

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,796 Posts

Well done.

I guess that if more people were to write to their respective ITV company, then gradually they will see just how many want HD content on the ITV Player.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms