Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sending Channel to 2nd TV from Sky+HD Box

This is a discussion on Sending Channel to 2nd TV from Sky+HD Box within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Can I 'transmit' a channel to a second tv from my Sky + HD box using just a tv cable ...

SgtBellPepper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Sending Channel to 2nd TV from Sky+HD Box

Can I 'transmit' a channel to a second tv from my Sky + HD box using just a tv cable and the RF2 output? Or must I use a TVLink adapter? To be clear there is NO need to have remote capability in the second tv room ie no magic eye is necessary.Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sending Channel to 2nd TV from Sky+HD Box

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBellPepper View Post
      Can I 'transmit' a channel to a second tv from my Sky + HD box using just a tv cable and the RF2 output? Or must I use a TVLink adapter? To be clear there is NO need to have remote capability in the second tv room ie no magic eye is necessary.Thanks.
      Yes you can. Don't enable the DC supply on RF2, this is only required where a TV Link adaptor is used. The second TV needs to be in analogue mode. You will have to tune the TV to the RF output from your Sky + HD box

ropleytig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sending Channel to 2nd TV from Sky+HD Box

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Yes you can. Don't enable the DC supply on RF2, this is only required where a TV Link adaptor is used. The second TV needs to be in analogue mode. You will have to tune the TV to the RF output from your Sky + HD box
      Yes, I agree with that post - Remember the RF output is analogue. You can connect this by coax to the aerial input of the second TV and do an automatic search to pick up the channel. I used 68.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I agree with that post - Remember the RF output is analogue. You can connect this by coax to the aerial input of the second TV and do an automatic search to pick up the channel. I used 68.