Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sky plus play back

This is a discussion on sky plus play back within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; hi new here and hope some one can help me out have a sky+box (amstrad drx890_c) do not have it ...

mackem49 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01926
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation sky plus play back

hi new here and hope some one can help me out have a sky+box (amstrad drx890_c) do not have it connected to the internet how do i recored a programme have prested the record button on my remote comes up with the R sign but does not recored and how do i get sky anytime to work /hope someone can help me out many thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: sky plus play back

Have you had the box paired with your card and had the Sky+ features turned on.

To get Anytime press the TV Guide button and then the Red button.

To get Anytime+, you have to first get it enabled on your account then connect the SkyHD box to the internet using an ethernet cable of a wireless bridge.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

hi yes have paired box with card how do i connect it to internet on the back of the box is just a normal phone connector can recored a programme that i am watching but not one that i set to watch later hope that you can understand that many thanks

garyk 1972 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01282
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Check that you have a signal on BOTH wires from dish to back of your box.
      we moved home, had guys round to install, and they had not connected 1 of the wires right. so it would pause/record programme being watched, but the other wire is used to record second programme, and this had a split or a connection problem.
      sky came and fitted new wires from dish to box and all was okay - they did want to charge me 69 for the privalage, but told them it was their engineer that did the installation to start with so they needed to fix it - and they did.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackem49 View Post
      hi yes have paired box with card how do i connect it to internet on the back of the box is just a normal phone connector can recored a programme that i am watching but not one that i set to watch later hope that you can understand that many thanks
      On the back panel of your Sky+ HD STB is a port marked 'LAN' or 'Network'. You need to plug an Ethernet cable into this socket, with the other end plugged into your router.

If the router is too far from your Sky STB, then there are various options available to make the connection. Examples include HomePlugs (or PowerLine Adapters) & WiFi Media extenders. Which particular one you opt for has to be your choice as each has cost, practicality and cosmetic implications. Personally I have an 8-Port Switch sitting under my TV, which is in turn connected by an Ethernet cable to my router. Take a look at this document for further information:

Extending your Home Network

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

can recored a programme that i am watching but not one that i set to watch later hope that you can understand that many thanks
      Do you have two wires connected to the back of your box going to the dish? If so press the Services button, >Settings>Signal. Are both Inputs shown as having Strength and Quality? Note that there are 2 pages on the Signal listing.

Are you in a flat with a communal aerial?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

no dont have 2 wires to the back of the box .the dish i am using has been up for about 8 years so wot do i have to do ?

Thanks

no dont have 2 wires to the back of the box
      That is your problem. To get the full benefits of Sky+ you must have 2 wires going into the box. Sky always fit 2 wires from the dish to the box, except in the case of communal dishes. That is why I asked if you were in flats. I assume you have bought the Sky box yourself and not from Sky? If so you will probably have to fit a quad LNB and run another cable from the dish to the box. You might be able to get this done by a local contractor at a reasonable cost.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

hi thanks for that i can get to my dish so could i fit the lnb myself or will i have to tune it in?

Thanks

Although I have never done it I believe it is possible to do it without a tuner provided you are very careful. There are a couple of guys here who can give you advice on the best way to do it. Wait for a response from one of them before you do anything.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast