Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky plus sound very quiet

This is a discussion on sky plus sound very quiet within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; just all of a sudden my sky is very quiet, i've gone to the sound settings in the box and ...

crocit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy sky plus sound very quiet

just all of a sudden my sky is very quiet, i've gone to the sound settings in the box and checked the sound on full there, done system reset, via on the menu on box and manual by unplugging and holding left and fight together, ive bought a new scart lead, took aerial out and blown in the and plugged back, my xbox on tv has normal sound.

its a pace. model 6.3.16 version 9f2202. EPG sofware = 5.07.u what the hells gone wrong, please help :-(

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: sky plus sound very quiet

Have you tried plugging it into another SCART socket on the TV end just to rule that out?

Exchange:
      Thanks

yes plugged into both scarts in back of the box, and only one at back of tv, even tried trying on a different tv, still quiet, even system setup sound settings are on full.

Exchange:
      Thanks

ok sorted, emailed sky, they said fone a number and an engineerer will replace the box, do they charge for this?

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by crocit View Post
      just all of a sudden my sky is very quiet, i've gone to the sound settings in the box and checked the sound on full there, done system reset, via on the menu on box and manual by unplugging and holding left and fight together, ive bought a new scart lead, took aerial out and blown in the and plugged back, my xbox on tv has normal sound.

its a pace. model 6.3.16 version 9f2202. EPG sofware = 5.07.u what the hells gone wrong, please help :-(
      Have you recently upgraded from the old EPG to the new EPG? If so, this could be the reason why it is quiet. The volume control that was present in the sound settings in the old EPG has been removed in the new EPG, and the volume is much quieter.

ok sorted, emailed sky, they said fone a number and an engineerer will replace the box, do they charge for this?
      How long have you had the sky box? If it is less than 12 months then the call out should be free. If not, it will be 65 unless you have an extended warranty on the box. They will give you a refurbished box with a limited warranty.

Exchange:
      Thanks

have no idea how to upgrade the EPG. but i will search it up! and i'm not sure how long i have the sky plus box, i know roughly a year, maybe it'll be on my sky.com account, and i will have a look, thanx

Exchange:
      Thanks

ok, the EPG wont upgrade, the taking card, then plug socket out and holding back up on the box, then plugging back in. i kept holding back up for 2 minutes, nothing happened o the circle lights on the box! i didnt plug the plug back in till after a minute, so does that mean the box has gone wrong?

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

ok, the EPG wont upgrade, the taking card, then plug socket out and holding back up on the box, then plugging back in. i kept holding back up for 2 minutes, nothing happened o the circle lights on the box! i didnt plug the plug back in till after a minute, so does that mean the box has gone wrong?
      Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I assume its the same as normal:

Power off at mains
      Hold down back up buttom on front of box
      Power back on at mains
      When download message appears on screen, let go of back up button.
      Make sure the TV is tuned in to the Sky channel first so that you can see the on-screen message. As soon as you see it, let go of the Backup button. Do not disturb the mains or satellite feeds whilst the update is in progress, which should take about 10 minutes. Then the box will restart and you can use it.

westv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chelmsford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I'm just wondering if the OP was able to sort the issue - I'm currently experiencing exactly the same problem.