Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Minor problems now no functions

This is a discussion on Minor problems now no functions within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; A few months ago we started having some intermittant problems with our sky+: 1)Some programs were part recorded but could ...

Patchthedog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Minor problems now no functions

A few months ago we started having some intermittant problems with our sky+:
      1)Some programs were part recorded but could be watched but with some glitching,sky suggested turning the box off which helped for a few days
      2)The planner would sometimes show that a program would take double the space on the hard drive but when played it would be fine
      3)After 2 weeks away we found the red light on,putting the box back on and could not access the planner,sky suggested a full system reset,this did nothing.
      4)we can watch all the channels but have no sky+functions,no record,no pause,no rewind
      5)We have the sky repair plan with D&G but they can't get an engineer out until next thursday
      Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Minor problems now no functions

You could do a full system reset but this will delete all recordings in the planner.

Go into services then 4, 0, 1, select, press the buttons quickly and ignore the onscreen menus until you are finished.

Go into housekeeping and you should see it there.

bjproc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Forfar
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

could also the PSU starting to fail

Elmondy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrogate
      Thanks

Patch

I have exactly same problems - hard drive is not being acknowledged so my sky+ box is merely a sky box now, and planner functions are disabled (please wait sign comes up and never leaves until I back up).

This has been ongoing for many many months now. Originally started by the box just stopping working and then shutting down, and then weird, low-level beeping sounds from the box (not computer style loud beeps, but creaking hard drive type beeps).

Prior to recently, turning the box off, leaving it and then back on again worked eventually. Full reset and starting again by pressing the various buttons in the right manner when replugging in worked previously and this worked ok for a few months.

Last week, the box completely stopped acknowledging the hard drive, full reset does not work, nor does leaving it unplugged overnight.

Not sure if the HDD is gone or if a power supply issue, but the box is working fine, just the HDD isn't. So I'm assuming it's my HDD.

Off to Maplins tomorrow for a TORX T10 (thought I had one, but only ones I have are smaller) and a new drive.

Elmondy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrogate
      Thanks

Just reattempted turning off at mains, holding the L&R buttons, and switching back on again. I get to the green circle, but it does not flash, and pressing select turns the circle red, the power button red, and whole thing turns off. No change to the system.

Is this HDD or PSU issue?

BTW, the beeping sound is more of a ticking.