Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

how to hard reset (format) you sky + box from the front panel..

This is a discussion on how to hard reset (format) you sky + box from the front panel.. within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all, In case any of you have got the permanent standby issue that I had with my box.. try ...

jamesyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how to hard reset (format) you sky + box from the front panel..

Hi all,
      In case any of you have got the permanent standby issue that I had with my box.. try the following:

switch off at the wall and then hold the left and right directional buttons on the front panel.. switch back on and wait until the large green cirle goes green... when it does (it will start flashing).. hit the select button the front panel.. the green circle will go backwards for a few minutes.

It will then go into standby mode.. leave two mins and then you're good to go...

(warning - this will reset the box and lose all your planner programmes so only do it as a last resort)

2. Advertisement
      ajuwaan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Caistor
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: how to hard reset (format) you sky + box from the front panel..

I've spent all morning faffing about with a Sky box stuck on standby. Then I discovered your reset solution. Many, many thanks! (even if I did lose my recordings). I was up and running within five minutes! :-)

bozzie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 441905356365
      Broadband ISP: talk talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: how to hard reset (format) you sky + box from the front panel..

Well done!
      We've been trying everything, and even though we had deleted everything off the hard-drive . it said we only had 7% memory left, and kept freezing..
      This worked the first time, so glad we have all our memory back..

LinkBacks (?)