Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing card issues

This is a discussion on Viewing card issues within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Bought a second hand box via Gumtree, box is Sky+ HD and in good condition. However no matter what I ...

dougieferry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Viewing card issues

Bought a second hand box via Gumtree, box is Sky+ HD and in good condition. However no matter what I do I can't pair box to viewing card. I've tried the online method filling in all required numbers via musky site. Have also phoned Sky and they haven't been able to pair it either. Card number displayed on service detail screen would appear to be last owners card. He incidentally upgraded to Sky Q so I assume is still using his original card. Can anyone help, what else can I do to get the card paired to box. Very frustrating as I'm paying for entertainment package and can only view what cardless box will access.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Viewing card issues

If you are paying for the entertainment package then there should be a viewing card number showing on your My Sky account. If this is a different number to the card number displayed on the system details screen then you will have to wait for the correct viewing card to arrive in the post.

If both viewing card numbers are the same then the problem may be caused by the Sky box still being registered to the original subscriber. This can normally only be overridden by the regional support team who deal exclusively with Sky installers, not end customers. There was a work around in Chordiant which involved trying to pair the card a second time using zeros to replace the actual digits of the box serial number but this is not supported by the mysky re-pair screen and may not be available in the latest CRM software.

Thanks

Thanks for response. I have a new viewing card which is inserted into box. The detail screen is showing what I assume was the last box owners card number. I have used a second hand box at a previous address (not this particular one) and was able to pair card to box without any trouble. So am baffled why this one isn't pairing.

Thanks

The system details screen will either show the number of the inserted viewing card or "No card" if the wrong number is being shown then you have inserted the wrong card in the box. Some old Sky+ HD boxes had two card slots. The correct slot is behind a hinged cover (assuming the cover hasn't been broken off).

Thanks

I'm not at home at the moment, but pretty sure box has only one slot. The detail screen is showing a card number but not the one in box issued to me. Mysky app is showing card issued to me and when I phoned Sky they assured me it should be working. But alas it's not. I read on one sky site that a software update is required before pairing, but not sure how to do this.

Thanks

When you get home, remove the viewing card and check that the system details screen shows "no card". If it doesn't then the original viewing card is still inserted in a different slot behind a hinged cover. If it is one of the older Sky+ HD boxes with two card slots and version number starting 4F30 then you will not be able to perform a software update as software for these boxes is no longer available on the DR stream.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll check this out when I'm home and let you know.