Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not Happy With Broadband Speed

This is a discussion on Not Happy With Broadband Speed within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; I have Fibre available to me, however Fibre seems pricey. As far as I'm aware, it's 50 installation charge and ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Not Happy With Broadband Speed

I have Fibre available to me, however Fibre seems pricey. As far as I'm aware, it's 50 installation charge and then another 15-20 a month on top of what I'm paying! Does this sound right?
      That's about right, but not on top of what you are paying. You can sometimes get the installation charge waived, but it is on a person to person basis. As for the monthly cost, the full cost of Sky Broadband Unlimited is 15, its only the discounts for phone and TV which bring the cost down. 20 is not too much when you consider it that way, especially as you may get about ten times your present speed. Its a personal choice really.

There are offers for half price for 3-6 months so that brings the cost down for the first year.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      MilkBone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NESTN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Oh, I am looking at the Fibre and it does indeed say it is 20 a month. I'm already paying 15 a month for standard broadband, and to be honest, 15 for 4Mbit speed isn't great lol. From this I'm assuming it would be an extra 5 a month for 38 meg?

Thanks for answering my questions by the way

(I would ring Sky but I am at work!)

Thanks

That's right. If you are paying 15 a month it means you are not getting discounts for phone or TV. If you want Sky Fibre you have also got to take Sky Phone rental. With half price for the first 6 months your first year would cost you 180, (plus the installation if you have to pay it), the same as you are paying now for ADSL.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

MilkBone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NESTN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Right! Gonna ring Sky when I get in then! Got nothing to lose here. Thanks for all help, tis a shame I can't get any higher on ADSL though.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That's right. If you are paying 15 a month it means you are not getting discounts for phone or TV. If you want Sky Fibre you have also got to take Sky Phone rental. With half price for the first 6 months your first year would cost you 180, (plus the installation if you have to pay it), the same as you are paying now for ADSL.
      6mhp fibre is only available for customers who don't have tel or broadband already, currently.

All existing customers can get is 6 months free with sports 1 or 2.

Thanks

I think they should word their legal bits a bit better. This is what it says

6 months half price Sky Fibre Unlimited: For Sky Talk customers switching to Sky Fibre Unlimited. After 6 months Fibre Unlimited 20 a month. Standard set-up 50. Offer not available online to existing Sky Fibre customers or existing Sky Broadband Unlimited customers upgrading to Sky Fibre Unlimited.
      By that, I take it that it is available if you phone up for it, no mention of having to take Sports. A sneaky move if you are forced to take Sports. Sky's packages ans conditions need a Philadelphia lawyer to interpret them.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12