Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unhappy Customer

This is a discussion on Unhappy Customer within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; I have been a loyal Sky cutomer for 12 years and I have been on the same packagefor that time ...

artblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 8368
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Customer

I have been a loyal Sky cutomer for 12 years and I have been on the same packagefor that time to I had to go my neighbour to watch the football yesterday and I am thinking of changing to BT,I will be contacting sales this week to see if they will allow me to have HD and maybe films for the same price.I am paying over 40 a month just for the sports channels this is not cheap deal so I might be finding out what BT as to offer.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Unhappy Customer

Why are you unhappy? You can ring and see if they have any offers on your account or just cancel and see if they offer any retention deals.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Minimum package is Entertainment with sports @ 43.50 per month on Sky. You're more likely to be on Entertainment extra with sports (if you haven't changed your package in all that time) which is 49 per month.
      Movies is 8 extra.
      HD is 15.75 extra if you're on Entertainment with sports or 10.25 extra if you're on Entertainment Extra with sports.

What is it you're unhappy at? I take it your friend has BT sport?
      Does your friend come to your's during the week to watch champions league matches?

Thanks

I will ring them to see what they could offer me my team is not in the champion league I had to watch the Spurs and Chelsea game at my neighbours at the weekend and sky will miss out on Man U and Spurs

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

What did you do when your team was on espn?

Thanks

It is not always about football I have been watching football before it was on the box that's about 68 years ago so I am not too worried about missing matches,but it would be a nice jester if I could have HD in my existing package

Thanks

I have contacted Sky about my package and I was told that I can have HD for 5 a month I do see a couple of free HD channels not sure if there is any difference has I have bought a new TV and the picture is fine, I also asked about the connect box they are sending to customers who are asking for them I think he said I will be able to get some films and extra channels if I am correct.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

There are subtle differences between the HD channels. Some are slightly better than others at showing HD material and not every programme/film is in HD.

You can enable the TV guide to highlight HD content. This will make it easier to identify things.

Some good examples to compare would be live shows on the BBC or ITV. Channel 5 often doesn't use HD material in their lives content, but things are improving.

Another issue is that some of the US shows are actually recorded at 720, not 1080. This brings me to an important question, which you need to check. Does your TV support 720p or 1080p/i? Although many people won't distinguish between the two, 1080 is more desirable IMHO.

Why do people have difficulty in distinguishing? A few issues are the way the TV is set up, this can include the environment/room and the position that the TV is in. It can also be the colour/contrast/brightness settings.

The one which may or may not be applicable though is eyesight. Whilst many will wear their glasses, often the prescriptions are out of date or people will refuse to wear them. Basically, as a certain advert suggests, this is something which needs to be checked.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Are you referring to the NowTV box? This will give you some sports and movies through the internet, but it requires an extra subscription. Details here-

Watch Movies, Films & Sports Online | NOW TV

If you are refering to the mini wireless adapter, this will connect to your Sky box/router and allow you to access on line programs but these will be restricted to the Sky package you have.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.