Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Home Move - Broadband yet to be resolved

This is a discussion on Home Move - Broadband yet to be resolved within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; To whomever this may concern, It's been 5 weeks since I moved into my new property, and more than 7 ...

advilivda is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Home Move - Broadband yet to be resolved

To whomever this may concern,

It's been 5 weeks since I moved into my new property, and more than 7 weeks since I submitted a Home Move request. My experience so far has been nothing short of utter disappointment with the whole process, and almost every single one that I have come in contact with. The initial appointment for the broadband and talk line activation/installation was scheduled on the 2nd of August, in which the BT engineers were unsuccessful. Some other engineers showed up on the 3rd without any prior notification, only to end up with the same end result, no broadband. After some unknown progress, I was forced to call Sky again to book an appointment on the 12th Aug, for someone to show up 3 weeks later, which was scheduled on 2nd September! I had voiced my complaint and demanded to speak with their manager, in which I received a callback and had a chat with one of the managers from the Provisioning department, assuring me that everything is done as best as possible, and that I would have someone assigned to my account to look after this request. Out of this, I received some minuscule credit to allow me to pay for internet access in the interim.

Now fast forward, no one showed up or contacted me on the 2nd Sep, and once again, I had to contact Sky, to find out why. All I got was that it is still in progress. Imagined my surprise on the morning of 3rd Sep, that Sky helpdesk (which I had to call again), telling me that it has all been activated and good to go. I had to waste time arguing with tech support on the phone that there was no need to test the socket because no one ever came to wire it up in the first place. Little wonder that the guy concluded there was a fault, considering the socket is not wired up, and plugging into the test socket directly after removing the face plate gives me the same result. Anyhow, BT guys showed up unannounced again on the 3rd Sep. While I seriously hoped that would be the last visit that I would need, it was not to be. Two engineers, 2 hours later, no good. One of the engineers tried to assure me that someone will show up tomorrow morning.

Now up to this point, let me point out that Sky has not contacted me even once since the 12th Aug. I have been left waiting for someone to show up and yet nothing is done. Every attempt to call the helpdesk results in another round of excuses which I have to pay for, to listen again. The impression I am getting is almost everyone that I had dealt with is utterly incompetent, where the engineers do not seem to have a clue to what they are doing, and Sky unable to provide a customer service as simple as picking up the phone and calling me. Now I am left to wonder if anyone will show up tomorrow (not to mention waste another day of my life), wondering if it's going to be resolved, or be left waiting for a text to call Sky, and book a future appointment, and start this cycle again. And here is the thing, your number is not free to call from a mobile. I could have used the landline if you just get it sorted.

Before anyone from Sky choose to respond, please think hard. I know it is unfortunate, this things happen, blah blah blah, but in the end of the day, I submitted one request and one request only. Move my services that I have paid for without fail for so long, from location A to location B. This is one request. Please get it right. Just get it done. I have had my fill of polite excuses for incompetence that will last many a lifetime. And no, waiting another day is one day too long. Do not even dare tell me that I have to schedule an appointment again somewhere in the future.

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Home Move - Broadband yet to be resolved

of any the bt engineer say was the fault or they say what they thought was wrong ? , yes you should have been contacted by now and with out any other details is most likely issue between cab to exchange , somebody from sky tech should be able to tell you what is happening

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by advilivda View Post
      Before anyone from Sky choose to respond, please think hard. I know it is unfortunate, this things happen, blah blah blah, but in the end of the day, I submitted one request and one request only...
      Trying to be careful about responding to this, but unfortunately it can be difficult to express emotions in cold text...

This site is not the Official Sky support forum.

As Tenar has suggested, give Sky a friendly call, I know how annoying it is when BTO mess up, but Sky has to use them. They can't use their own contractors and it really does make things difficult when things do not go well.

If you are having to call Sky on a mobile or non-Sky landline, then the call isn't free. My advice would be to ask someone if they can please call you back as the call is costing you money. They will normally do this without too much difficulty.

As a mod I note that you are posting from a mobile device. If this is costing you money keep a tab of it. Let the person on the phone know what you are doing and they may offer some form of recompense once the issue is resolved.

Please do let us know how you get on. We can provide details on how to esculate this further if you need to.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

advilivda is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi Tenar,

There has been multiple versions of this, assuming I understood what I was being told. The first attempt failed because the cabinet in the communal area is somehow not connected to my flat. The second attempt, they tried to find out why, and in the end, they attempted to "re-route" it to the telephone pole outside my flat. The attempt yesterday did not went well either because they can't find out where the supposed link is. They tried the communal cabinet, the telephone pole outside, and the green exchange box down the road.

Hi Scubbie,

Please do take note that I have no idea where else to go. My experience with callback has not been good either. Even once I got disconnected after receiving the call back request, and I had to call in again to wait on the line because they would not do callback anymore. I had the chance to speak with a manager from the Provisioning department, but again my point here being is that Sky themselves have been lacklustre. With an exceptional few, I do not get the service I would expect. I understand the job is outsourced, and certain things can be out of control due to processes and procedures, it does not change I do not hear from them even though I had been re-assured that the person I talked to will follow up and get back to me. The fact that I had to call them up each time to follow up only to hear excuses again is really what I want to drive at. I will be happy if you could share the escalation process as all I really want is someone to actually take genuine care and follow up on this. As of now, I have an unconnected socket (the faceplate is on the floor and no wires connected to it), and Sky seems to be happy to email me telling me it's all good. I would like to know if there is another way before I call in again today, as I really am getting the end of my patience if someone redirects me to tech support again and asking me to plug the cable into the socket.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Personally I would love Sky to be abe to hire their own engineering team to perform the installations.

Sadly what actually happened when the Telecoms went private and everything was opened up was a few rouge engineers pulled out a competitor's cable and this had to be stopped immediately. Now whenever a none BTO engineer visits an exchange, they have to be supervised by someone from BTO.

Compose a nice email, with some kind of timeline included to: jeremy.darroch at bskyb.com

This will go to the Executive team and be dealt with there. I would also consider uploading a couple of pics to Photobucket or something similar so that you can illustrate your situation more easily.

Do remember that this is the senior team and they receive a lot of angry letters/emails. A well written email that does some of the work for them will receive a better response than an angry one IMHO.

I am not suggesting that you have been nothing but nice, just emphasising a nice way to win them over.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Please do take note that I have no idea where else to go.
      You could possibly post on the Official Sky Forum. It has Sky employees as Mods and quite often they can help directly, so may be able to help with your problem. Have a look here - Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.