Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Error Code:300

This is a discussion on Error Code:300 within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Hi All I'm having an ongoing problem with the above error which comes up when I perform a Sky Connection ...

wayneb2005 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Error Code:300

Hi All

I'm having an ongoing problem with the above error which comes up when I perform a Sky Connection test via the router. It says an internet connection is not available.

I have had this 3 times over last couple of weeks and sometimes I cannot get onto the net for over 12 hours. I have contacted 1st level, after 30 mins each time on phone and logged a call for tier 3, but they never come back and are now saying it will be 5 days before they get back to me.

Is anyone else having this error and does anyone know what it means? I just miraculously get the connection back after doing nothing.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      5 Days is the standard wait for a callback from Tier3. Usually they call you back before then!

Error Code 300 : Like it says on the modem config page, means that it cand detect a connection to the internet!

When this happens you could try POWERCYCLING the router, Disconnecting and waiting for 5mins and try again!

Also what are you line stats, A really low NoiseMargin could cause a constant disconnection!

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep had already tried powering router off and on. Noise margin was about 13.5 and ranges between 20-35. The line attenuation is about 60db

Wife just called me to say it's not working again, getting pretty fed up now.

Tier 3 left a message saying they could see i'd got connected again, but it would be nice if I would not have to wait 30 mins to then be told i have to be passed to tier 3 and a 5 day call back.

Error 300: doesn't really tell you much !!

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Error Code 300 : Like it says on the modem config page, means that it cant detect a connection to the internet!

When we had that code we checked the phone line and that was also dead, so we called out BT after many remote tests and whoosh test they said the line was fine, but BT engineer tested master socket and one of our cables to the house was stretched and damaged to breaking point and as he was testing it snapped.

So it might be worth testing the master socket and checking if phone has a dial tone maybe?

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Sassylady , but the master socket is ok, phone works fine from there.

starsweeper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry error code 300

I have also had the error code 300. Following 6 weeks of calling technical support I have been advised that they have mis-sold the package. The reason for this is the line cannot cope with the load they are putting through it.
      I have the max package which is 16MG however I have been advised this evening our telephone line can only cope with approx 4 to 6 MG. I was advised I should never have been sold the max package as it is really only suitable for business users.
      The line is being overloaded and causing the broadband to stop working. they have recommended capping the line at 8MG to prevent it but still paying for the Max package.
      Again I have been been told I have to wait for tier 3 to call back and it may be 5 working days.
      I personally don't think it is acceptable and have forwarded the details to Ofcom.
      Hope this helps!
      Quote Originally Posted by wayneb2005 View Post
      Hi All

I'm having an ongoing problem with the above error which comes up when I perform a Sky Connection test via the router. It says an internet connection is not available.

I have had this 3 times over last couple of weeks and sometimes I cannot get onto the net for over 12 hours. I have contacted 1st level, after 30 mins each time on phone and logged a call for tier 3, but they never come back and are now saying it will be 5 days before they get back to me.

Is anyone else having this error and does anyone know what it means? I just miraculously get the connection back after doing nothing.

Thanks

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      ask them to put it to 8mb and onto the mid package it will be done with no cost and no fuss to yourself, unless you need the bandwidth

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well i'm actually on the mid package as i had that problem when i was first activated, but they said I couldn't have 8MB as the line attenuation was too high to handle the load, i'm now down to a rubbish 1MB, it does for now, but there are obviously still issues.

bonecracker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i have been waiting for two weeks for tier 3 to call back, i am getting a 300 error code too.

I keep on ringing and now they are syaing the wait time has gone up from 5 days to two weeks.... there is no where to turn too, unless i cancel the broadband and go somewhere else. Help any one...

starsweeper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Error 300

I am still waiting for tier 3 to call back. Sky have offered to downgrade the package to the mid package but at a cost of 50.00 . I have ended up contacting Ofcom today who have referred me to the ombudsman OTELLO. Letters sent today so fingers crossed I get somewhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast