Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky slooooooooooooooooow in evenings

This is a discussion on Sky slooooooooooooooooow in evenings within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Originally Posted by emrobin Sky Connect is horrible during peak periods. I've grown used to the frequent connection drops, and ...

allen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midlands
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky slooooooooooooooooow in evenings

Quote Originally Posted by emrobin View Post
      Sky Connect is horrible during peak periods. I've grown used to the frequent connection drops, and sometimes sub-dial up speeds during peak times. Sadly there's nothing else in my area since I live in a small village.
      Is Plusnet not a possible for you? My mother uses it (on the Selsey exchange which is also pretty basic) and gets a good cheap service. Sorry if you've already explored this.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

emrobin
      Hi hope you are keeping well if you are thinking of leaving you need to look for deals here`s a good deal Plusnet Broadband Packages | Review packages and prices also on this link BroadbandChoices.co.uk - Goto found it for Connect Hell- new isp advice re; market 1 exchange Hope your speeds improve there are rumours about the end of March But there has been a lot of rumours over the last 2yrs

York is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thorne
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk LLU
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve16751 View Post
      York
      Hi you are right between 5pm till Midnight the connect package is throttled the issue is to many connect Customers and not enough Bandwidth. It has been like this since Oct 08. there are thousands of posts all complaining. If you are moving make sure you move to an ISP who supplies LLU I notice you have a couple at your exchange Talktalk is the better of the 2
      Hi Steve

Yes that's who we are moving to TalkTalk, were expecting our welcome pack within the next few days with our connection date, I do have a question however, with our exchange having LLU with TalkTalk does that mean we are automatically on that or would we need to specifically sign up to a LLU package?

Just to give you an example of how bad sky is. Did this just now to 2 servers that are 50 miles away, and its only 4:30pm, by 9pm it wont even load a web page which is very contradictory to their claims that web browsing isn't throttled.

Last edited by York; 13-03-10 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

York
      Hi all you need to do is ask Talktalk if you are going on the Talktalk LLU Service because that`s the reason you are moving to Talktalk.
      with our exchange having LLU with Talktalk does that mean we are automatically on that or would we need to specifically sign up to a LLU package?
      Yes I know My speed sometimes drops from 4pm till 1am and all weekends. I hope all goes well with Talktalk and LLU

York is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thorne
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk LLU
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks Steve

I'll try and get registered on their official forums and ask, tried the customer service phone but the guy was either falling asleep or very tired of his job and didn't seem to understand what LLU was lol. On the plus side we got confirmation of our live date which is next week (w00t).

Thanks again!

Thanks

York
      Hi can you go on as a guest on their official forums and ask about Talktalk LLU service. Next week great news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12