Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By NickS

fibre to property query

This is a discussion on fibre to property query within the Sky Ultra Fibre Optic Broadband forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm moving into a new build in june. it has fibre to the property. i rang sky today and told ...

markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

fibre to property query

I'm moving into a new build in june. it has fibre to the property.
      i rang sky today and told them i was moving and how much notice would i need, on giving my new postcode i was told they could not supply me at my new address,
      looks like builders have done a deal with openreach .
      looking at list of fttp providers only mainstream one is BT. and for same as i got now 79mb its a tenner more than sky.
      we get NHS discount so its a bit cheaper, but its a 24 month contract as well. I'm not impressed.
      you pay all this money for a new house and get stitched up by the builders and openreach.
      only advantage is i can get 300mb with bt and 900mb with some smaller company . is any chance sky will be able to provide us anytime soon.

2. Advertisement
      pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Re: fibre to property query

Lots and lots of scams with "new builds" I wouldn't touch one. That broadband scam is just one of many. Of course this will only annoy you and others but there you go.

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen VDSL 80/20 - ex sky fibre pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I am moving to a new development later this year which benefits from FTTP (cant wait). It seems pretty good as its non openreach and you are given a long list of providers all with different rates/speeds you can choose from. Good that it's not locked to one provider...
      zyxel VMG3925 (bridge mode)
      Qotom i5 Opnsense with IPV6
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

click for ECI VDSL line stats

click for Huawei VDSL line stats

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Seethelight FTTH
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

We moved into a new build with FTTP 2 years ago and couldn't get Sky or BT Broadband. Cables were laid by IFNL who have since rebranded as OFNL. There were a number of suppliers we could choose from but we were offered 6 months free by the builder if we signed up with Seethelight which seemed to be a subsidiary of IFNL and was the cheapest of the available suppliers. Went with the and have never had any issues, 120mbps rock solid. A few months ago their address hanged to something that looked familiar (same as Sky). A quick check on Companies House revealed that the company is now owned at least 75% by Sky. Looks like something may be going on.
      Scubbie likes this.