Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Watching Sky 3D Movies Question!

This is a discussion on Watching Sky 3D Movies Question! within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All, I recently started watching our Sky 3D Channel as it is included as part of our Family Bundle ...

Bazzie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Watching Sky 3D Movies Question!

Hi All,

I recently started watching our Sky 3D Channel as it is included as part of our Family Bundle & I quite enjoy it tbh! I have been able to watch documentary type stuff without issue but am unable to watch any of the movies I have recorded or downloaded from Sky.

I spoke to Sky today about this & they basically told me that if I wish to watch 3D Movies on the Sky 3D Channel, then I would also have to purchase an additional "Movies" Package which start at 16 per month - is this correct?

What is the point then of having for a dedicated paid for 3D Channel which does not allow one to watch all of the content on it & then paying extra monthly costs on top just to be able to watch the movies - it is like having to pay twice is it not?

I just want to make sure before I delete all the 3D movies I have in my planner if I will not be able to watch them without subscribing to an additional movie package!

Bazzie!

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Watching Sky 3D Movies Question!

The 3ed channel has always been that way.
      If you want to watch the 3d movies, you need the a movie channel subscription. If you want to watch the premiership football in 3d, you need to have a sky sports subscription.
      Would be a great way to watch free movies and premiership football if they did not do it that way
      The 3d channel at 170 got removed today and all the content is now only available via on demand.

Bazzie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      The 3ed channel has always been that way.
      If you want to watch the 3d movies, you need the a movie channel subscription. If you want to watch the premiership football in 3d, you need to have a sky sports subscription.
      Would be a great way to watch free movies and premiership football if they did not do it that way
      The 3d channel at 170 got removed today and all the content is now only available via on demand.

Hi,

Thanks a bunch for confirming things to me - Well, looks like I will be deleting all the movies I recorded then as I will not be able to watch them without paying for an additional movie subscription - what a disappointment!

Looks like I am stuck with watching the documentaries then - heres hoping they have plenty more & varied ones than the ones I can see which are basically on what seems to be a repeat loop of the few same ones!!

Bazzie!

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

I wouldn't hold out much hope for much new tv 3d content. 3d is pretty much seen as dead now.
      What I would suggest to experience a few of the blockbuster 3d movies over the last few years is go to your mysky account and look to see if you have the free month trial of sky movies and then cancel it before the month ends. I've had that offer in my mysky for at least six months now. I was a sky movies subscriber many many moons ago. Im even sure if you asked sky nicely they may let you experience it for a month free.

The manager (a good friend) of a big multi-screen cinema near me told me a month or so back that 3d in cinemas has twindled now too. The fun is over and most customers are watching the films in 2d. Its not just paying for the glasses either.

Merv60 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hi Bazzie, not sure why nobody pointed out that you can watch 3D movies from Sky Store at a small cost. Go to Sky Store> All Genres... scroll to page 2 & you'll see the 3D tile. There are currently 13 3D films available from 4.99 - 6.99.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Luckily, I can watch 3D movies from other sources other than Sky who have in reality abandoned them.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merv60 View Post
      Hi Bazzie, not sure why nobody pointed out that you can watch 3D movies from Sky Store at a small cost. Go to Sky Store> All Genres... scroll to page 2 & you'll see the 3D tile. There are currently 13 3D films available from 4.99 - 6.99.
      Missed this post at the time - 4 months ago.

Movies is 17 extra plus to watch in 3D you need them in HD so that's another 5.25 per month.

As the above post states there are quite a few on Sky Store but these will be in the Movie Library in a few months where you will need Movies pack to watch.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky