Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Free 1 movies offer that isn't free

This is a discussion on Free 1 movies offer that isn't free within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I was given a free months trail of Sky movies over the Sky Live Chat. When I checked my bill ...

andy3665 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Free 1 movies offer that isn't free

I was given a free months trail of Sky movies over the Sky Live Chat. When I checked my bill I've been charged for it and when I rang SKY I was told they know nothing about it being free!!!

Very angry ripped off customer here who's had enough!!!!

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Free 1 movies offer that isn't free

There is a free 1 month trial whereby if you cancel within 31 days the advance payment is refunded on the following bill.

Is that the one you signed up for?

Actually, i should rephrase that:

Sky Movies free for 1 month: After the first month standard price of Sky Movies applies, 8.50 - 16.50 extra a month depending on your Sky TV package. One trial per household per year. After 1 month you will continue to receive the Sky Movies pack, unless you give us at least 31 days' notice that you wish to cancel. Advance billing of 8-50 -16.50 (depending on your Sky TV package and bill date) on 1st bill after trial starts, reimbursed on following bill if Sky Movies cancelled by end of trial.
      Although open to interpretation, i think what the t's/c's mean is that if you cancel within 31 days there is no charge.
      However if you cancel after 31 days, you're charged a month in advance & have to give 31 days notice.
      Last edited by gymno; 30-10-14 at 07:44 PM.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Free 1 movies offer that isn't free

I think you have to cancel within the month and when you do it takes affect straight away but if you fail to cancel it within the month and go go into a second month then not only will you be billed for it (due to paying advance) you then have to give Sky 31 days notice to cancel.