Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old HD pack

This is a discussion on Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old HD pack within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sad times for many: Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old ‘HD Pack’ subscribers this month | The F1 Broadcasting ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old HD pack

Sad times for many:
      Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old ‘HD Pack’ subscribers this month | The F1 Broadcasting Blog

And just as i was about to change my mind & not cancel my HD sub, thanks to Film4 HD starting tomorrow.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old HD pack

I'm bit sure if that's true. There's a lot of confusion but if you had HD before April without sports and haven't changed your sub at all then you keep F1 post sep. I was read a thread on sky forums yesterday where it was confirmed by sky.

Exchange:
      Thanks

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Hmm.
      Fingers crossed somebody just made a booboo on twitter then.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Just to add to the confusion...

I notice that for the first time ever, series link hasn't worked for F1 on channel 406 for next week.

Normally the first practice session would be there in my planner for friday but not this time.
      I can set reminders for them, along with qualifying & the race but there's no series link options.

Spooky.

Toggit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sadly this not a twitter booboo, I was the one who posted this email I received from Sky after many days of many phone calls when they screwed up a minor change I was making to my package...

"Thank you for your email about your F1 channels.
      I’m very sorry for the poor service you’ve received and apologise for any inconvenience you’ve suffered as a result of this.
      Let me firstly explain about our changes to the channels. A decision was made quite a few months ago that F1 would no longer be available through the HD package and would become part of the Sports package. It was agreed at that point, however, that F1 would remain on the HD package until September 2013. I understand that as a result of a change to your package, you have lost the access to the F1 channel prematurely. I understand your frustration around this, but just wanted to be clear on the changes that were already in place.
      As a result, I understand that you are paying more than you planned to in order to access these channels. As a one off gesture, I have credited your account with 30 (GBP) which is the cost of the Sports package over the next few months up till September when access to the F1 channel would have been lost."

Exchange:
      Thanks

I think it's clear that there is confusion. Those that haven't changed their package have confirmed that f1 is still available. Only time will tell as different stories seem to be coming from sky.

steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

This appears to support the rumours

Sky to withdraw F1 channel from old ‘HD Pack’ subscribers this month | The F1 Broadcasting Blog

........In April, Sky decided to make changes to the HD Pack options, and more importantly changed the ‘or’ to ‘and’. If you wanted to watch F1 in high definition you now, from April onwards, had to take the Sports and HD Packs. This raised the price to watch F1 in HD from 381.00 a year to 693.00 a year if you wanted to watch Formula 1 in HD. But at the time, back in April, Sky explicitly said “existing HD subscribers will continue to receive” the channel. Therefore, no one would realistically have to pay an extra 300.00 a year to the sport in HD. Until now. There have been rumours for a while, but it appears only now that things are turning into a reality. As of this month, coincidentally on the same day that Sky implement another set of price rises, those with the old ‘HD Pack’ will find themselves unable to access Sky Sports F1. Again, when exactly in September this will happen, is unclear. It is insanity. It is pricing customers out of the market, plain and simple. Most importantly, it is limiting the ability of the viewing public to enjoy watching Formula 1.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I think it's clear that there is confusion. Those that haven't changed their package have confirmed that f1 is still available. Only time will tell as different stories seem to be coming from sky.
      It is still available at the moment, but as Gymno points out, this Fridays practice was not automatically added to the planner as it has been right from the start of broadcasting the event. It can be added manually but when its added, no series link is available.

If the Monza GP is the last to be shown with the HD pack, it will be the last I will watch on Sky and my HD pack will be cancelled. I have no interest in subscribing to the Sports pack. If Sky were expecting everyone to transfer to Sports to watch GP1 then I think they have shot themselves in the foot. If Vettel wins this week there will be little interest anyway, who wants to watch a German leading a procession of cars round and round a racetrack week after week? It will become similar to the years when Schumacker won every race and the only question was, who is going to be second.
      gymno likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

The same happens for sky sports subscribers. I have it series linked but monza hasn't appeared. If I add it then no series link. Could be something could be nothing. I'm thinking its coincidence as why would they remove series linking for full pack subscribers too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast