Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Talk Cancellation Problem (Complaints Procedure)

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Cancellation Problem (Complaints Procedure) within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem i have with sky. My ...

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Talk Cancellation Problem (Complaints Procedure)

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem i have with sky. My grandad recently passed away, leaving my nana with the Sky TV, Broadband and Talk package he had with sky. She never used broadband and barley watched tv, but obviously needed the phone. I rang sky to explain the situation and that i wished to cancel the tv and broadband but keep the phone with them, they explained that this was not possible as it was a service they did not offer. I tried to explain that all she wanted was less hassle at a time such as this and wanted things to go as smoothly as possible and asked again if she could keep the phone, was told no, so i decided to cancel the whole contract with them. They agreed, terminated the contract and i gave BT a ring. BT said that the line status was 'cancelation pending' and that they could not install their service on her line as Sky own the line and that once they cancelled she would need to pay 150 to get a new line installed with BT, if we had rang BT first before cancelling with sky everything would have been ok and she would not have to pay a penny (how nice of sky not to tell me this). I again rang sky explained everything and they would not budge, said the contract had been terminated and that our choices were renew contract with them and pay 23 per month for a service she would not use or pay 150 to a new service provider to buy the line from them. Can anyone please help me with this, how do i go about making a complaint and whats the best step to take next, iam so annoyed at sky for having such a lack of proffesionalism and not taking into consideration the circumstances. I apologize for the long winded message, just wanted to make sure i go everything in, any help greatly appreciated,

cheers,

Adam.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Talk Cancellation Problem (Complaints Procedure)

Send an email to jeremydarroch @ sky.com. explaining the situation. You may get some help. I am surprised actually, BT are usually all to willing to take back lines and call plans. I have a letter from them nearly every week trying to get me back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

KissMyFace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ryhope-Sunderland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Hi, thanks very much, who is that contact by the way, i was going to write a letter of complaint to skys complaints department or do you think i would get more joy sending him a email or both?

CHEERS

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

It doesn't take much to use Google these days:
      BSkyB Corporate | Our Executive team
      Jeremy Darroch was appointed as a Director of the Company on 16 August 2004. He was appointed Chief Executive on 7 December 2007, having previously been Chief Financial Officer (CFO) since 2004.
      As to the fee I would always take statements like that with a pinch of salt, companies will take any opportunity afforded to them to bend the truth if it helps them rubbish a competitor. Odds are that either way a 150 fee was going to be paid unless BT were mail dropping in your area to try and grab people back.
      How long ago did you cancel? You have to give a minimum notice period so it may just be there are markers on the line for the termination and they will be gone soon.

mi3fbt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIWBY
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

since the full accout is cancelled, what you can do is either open an ccount in your name or your grandads name with ANY service provider... that way its classed as a new customer and makes the install free...

XXXN3O is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

If BT could take over the line but there was a cancellation pending then that would mean that the order was not on a Sky network (SVBN), if it was an SVBN order it would mean that both the BB and the skytalk would need to be cancelled at the same time.

This is completely contradictory though (BT's nonsense explanation) because Sky would have been able to cancel a single BB and keep the phone active if BT are saying they could take over the line or could have.

You need to find out if the order is on a sky network (SVBN) or not on a Sky network (Non SVBN). Call Skytalk and ask that simple question and they will answer it (I would)

If it is not on a sky network it is possible to keep the landline active (might be able to cancel the line ceasing) and BT could have taken it over but sky could remove the BB and keep it active for you. If it is a non SVBN order then it would have been possible to keep the line if it was done right by the advisor you spoke to at Sky.

If it is on a sky network(SVBN), the line and the broadband need to be cancelled and this is why you are having problems. Sky have handled this the right way and could replace this with a single line or you can move providers after the cancellation goes through which can take upto 3 months to remove because the skytalk calls are billed in arrears. Read the sky network T&C's for more information because they clearly tell you all about this and its explained when you buy the product.

Sorry for you loss and good luck with getting things sorted out.

Also, any problems with another householders account in the event of death or illness etc can be solved by speaking to the accessability team within Sky, ask them to transfer you after you speak about the Skytalk. They can transfer an account over to another householder etc.
      Last edited by XXXN3O; 28-09-10 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Additional information