Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky Phone Number Change

This is a discussion on Sky Phone Number Change within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; How difficult is it to get Sky to change your number ??? Not a question as such more a statement. ...

fluke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky Phone Number Change

How difficult is it to get Sky to change your number ???

Not a question as such more a statement.

I get unsolicited calls, private numbers, sales calls.

I am on the preference service and that silent call guard thing, but still get these calls, I don't want double glazing or a new roof, it's a housing association house.

I get late night silent calls listed as private, and all Sky say is don't answer them, but I have frail inlaws that need to ring at all hours to the land line.

All Sky have done is send out a letter about pretending to record the call ????? WTF.

Think I will have to go to disconnections and go over to BT.

==========
      Regards
      Dave

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,488 Posts

Re: Sky Phone Number Change

I don't think it will be any different with BT. I am also registered with TPS but still get the type of calls you mention. They get away with it by either saying they are doing "Market Research" or making a special offer. These type of calls are not covered and if you ask them they will say they are not selling you anything. There really needs to be some stricter control over these type of calls as they are just being used to get round the regulations.

What I have done when I get a "market research" call, is to say 'you are not selling anything are you'? If they say no, I say 'well you wont mind if I record this call so I have a record of the questions and my answers'? Usually I am answered by a click as they hang up.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I am not saying it will be better on BT but at least I will get a number change.

So all those times you need to give a landline number to companies that you might have forgotten to tick the "Don't share it" box won't have my number to share.

==========
      Regards
      Dave

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,488 Posts

but at least I will get a number change.
      I am with you now. What you could do is send an email to Sky's CEO and ask him for a number change as you are being plagued by nuisance calls from unknown persons which are making your life a misery. Inform him that if they are unable to give you a new number, you will be forced to move to another supplier who will. Address the email to Jeremy.darroch @ sky.com. He will not see it but his assistants will give you a reply. No offence to any who post on this forum, but the agents on the phone will not have the power to make a decision like this and will just fob you off, as you have discovered.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

A mate of mine got BT to change his number due to nuisance calls, and from what he said it wasn't that difficult.

Just strange that Sky are so against it.

I will send a mail off a await reply.

==========
      Regards
      Dave