Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    View Poll Results: Skys New Voice & Broadband Network Opt-out

    Voters
    30. You may not vote on this poll
    • Opt-Out?

      17 56.67%
    • Opt-In

      4 13.33%
    • Undecided

      9 30.00%
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 41

    Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

    This is a discussion on Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR Well you have a speed more than twice as fast as mine, and so if you ...

    1. #11
      superping's Avatar
      superping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      28
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Well you have a speed more than twice as fast as mine, and so if you are happy to spend it then why not? You may get more, but like I said, you are doing well already!

      If you have any to spare, fancy paying my Sky subscription increase for a year?
      Mine too pls


    2. Advertisement
    3. #12
      jonathanen's Avatar
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maida Vale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB x 3
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      West Hampstead
      Posts
      223
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by superping View Post
      Not necessarily. Changing your drop line or the wiring and mastersocket could have no affect at all.
      But if you want to do that then it is up to you but you have to remember that there is always that risk there that you wont get a higher speed at all.
      Here is my current old fashion non-NTE5 LJU2/2A PABX BT Master IDC socket, junction box and external wiring outside my house (the one going from the Black BT box to the top floor, shaping like a huge U turn turn of a shape) The Grey box is for Virgin Media by the way (ex-Virign Media).

      Shall I leave it as it is or get BT to replace the whole thing to brand new wiring, to me its looks very horrible and I don't like it one bit!! I need your opinion on this one.

    4. #13
      superping's Avatar
      superping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      28
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by jonathanen View Post
      Here is my current old fashion non-NTE5 LJU2/2A PABX BT Master IDC socket, junction box and external wiring outside my house (the one going from the Black BT box to the top floor, shaping like a huge U turn turn of a shape) The Grey box is for Virgin Media by the way (ex-Virign Media).

      Shall I leave it as it is or get BT to replace the whole thing to brand new wiring, to me its looks very horrible and I don't like it one bit!! I need your opinion on this one.

      Omg that does look horrible lol i would say you are very lucky to be getting what you are getting with that equipment.

    5. #14
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,212
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 377 Times in 305 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      I would seek Brian69's advice, he's a BT Engineer afaik. You could do the master socket yourself for only a few quid, I am pretty positive of it.

      You have already done your HD box, this would be a lot less hassle than that.




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    6. #15
      superping's Avatar
      superping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      28
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I would seek Brian69's advice, he's a BT Engineer afaik. You could do the master socket yourself for only a few quid, I am pretty positive of it.

      You have done your HD box, this would be a lot less hassle than that.
      I agree with NR on this one speak to brian69 about this one.

    7. #16
      jonathanen's Avatar
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maida Vale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB x 3
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      West Hampstead
      Posts
      223
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Well you have a speed more than twice as fast as mine, and so if you are happy to spend it then why not? You may get more, but like I said, you are doing well already!

      If you have any to spare, fancy paying my Sky subscription increase for a year?
      Quote Originally Posted by superping View Post
      Mine too pls
      I might pay both of you, if I have some money left over after I have finishing paying for a complete full house make over from top to bottom (or visa-versa ) on my parent's house, as its full of cracks, corrosion, leaking from the ceilings, its completely out of date, tasteless and very dull!! Its needs some SERIOUS lots of works, making a lot of new changes / styles badly!!

    8. #17
      superping's Avatar
      superping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      28
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by jonathanen View Post
      I might pay both of you, if I have some money left over after I have finishing paying for a complete full house make over from top to bottom (or visa-versa ) on my parent's house, as its full of cracks, corrosion, leaking from the ceilings, its completely out of date, tasteless and very dull!! Its needs some SERIOUS lots of works, making a lot of new changes / styles badly!!
      Can't wait lol

    9. #18
      jonathanen's Avatar
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maida Vale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB x 3
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      West Hampstead
      Posts
      223
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by superping View Post
      Omg that does look horrible lol i would say you are very lucky to be getting what you are getting with that equipment.
      See! That's my point exactly!! I can't stand looking at it!! I got to admit though I'm very lucky to live in a house with very huge sized rooms, very close to BT exchange, lots of train stations, bus stops, cafes, shops are very close to my house within walking distance. But the problem with that is everything in my parents house is completely old fashioned, not even one item is done in modern styling, including the access to the huge upper balany - what on earth did they put up a window, not a door in order to get access onto the upper balany? That what's confuses me the most!!

      I guess I have to pay the builders too for knocking down the old fashion style window and convert it into a door for easier access to the upper balany and putting up another wall & metal rails all around to make it a complete safe upper balany for making BBQ and enjoying the view / hot weather on Sunny days!

    10. #19
      Brian69's Avatar
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      2,971
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Right, if you are unhappy with the way your wiring looks, but it works o.k, then any work which Openreach does will be chargeable.
      However, if your wiring were to "develop" a fault, and by the state of yours Im suprised it works at all, then any work required to repair it, would tidy it up as well, if you get my meaning

    11. #20
      superping's Avatar
      superping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      28
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Skys New Phone and Broadband Network Opt-out Poll

      Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Right, if you are unhappy with the way your wiring looks, but it works o.k, then any work which Openreach does will be chargeable.
      However, if your wiring were to "develop" a fault, and by the state of yours Im suprised it works at all, then any work required to repair it, would tidy it up as well, if you get my meaning

      Are you sugesting a whoops issue brian lol

     

     
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION