Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

Sky talk - mobile phone number blocker

This is a discussion on Sky talk - mobile phone number blocker within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, it's my 1st time here, I had a look around and couldn't see any questions about this already but ...

Suqquigirl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky talk - mobile phone number blocker

Hi, it's my 1st time here, I had a look around and couldn't see any questions about this already but apologies if it has been asked before.

Is there anyway to block mobile phone numbers from being dialed out from our landline. I have a child with learning difficulties and no matter how many times I ask him not to do this, he still does. Everyday!! It's costing us a small fortune.

Many thanks!

2. Advertisement
      sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky talk - mobile phone number blocker

Hi there I think you may have to phone sky to block mobile numbers, but I believe that if you block mobiles it also stops you using International destinations numbers as well. But I may stand corrected

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

If you've a BT landline (and, although you've Sky Talk, it's odds on you do) you can use Call Barring,
      "How do I bar outgoing calls with Call Barring?
      To bar all calls from your phone, press the star key (*) on your telephone keypad followed by the number 34, the relevant code and then the hash key (#).
      To cancel, press hash, the number 34 and the relevant code, the star key, your PIN number and then the hash key to finish.
      To check whether you have barred all outgoing.......N.B. There are more Call Barring codes available including national, international and mobile calls. To find out more about these codes so that you can bar the calls you want to, call the information line on Freefone 0800 789 456.
      ...."

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
      If you've a BT landline (and, although you've Sky Talk, it's odds on you do) you can use Call Barring,
      "How do I bar outgoing calls with Call Barring?
      To bar all calls from your phone, press the star key (*) on your telephone keypad followed by the number 34, the relevant code and then the hash key (#).
      To cancel, press hash, the number 34 and the relevant code, the star key, your PIN number and then the hash key to finish.
      To check whether you have barred all outgoing.......N.B. There are more Call Barring codes available including national, international and mobile calls. To find out more about these codes so that you can bar the calls you want to, call the information line on Freefone 0800 789 456....."
      But BT call barring won't work if you CPS your calls via Sky Talk - because the default routing for your outgoing calls is then via Sky (so they'll still go through even with the [chargeable] BT barring activated).

You'll need to use a Commtel Phone Guard to allow/bar certain types of outgoing calls if you are on Sky Talk.
      Last edited by Heinz; 21-09-07 at 11:53 AM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.