Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Watching SKY Plus after disconnecting

This is a discussion on Watching SKY Plus after disconnecting within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; So Iíve cancelled our sky plus and ,ulti room subscription leaving only one subscription active. The advisor told me even ...

Zee
      Zee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stratford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Watching SKY Plus after disconnecting

So Iíve cancelled our sky plus and ,ulti room subscription leaving only one subscription active. The advisor told me even though the sky plus box will become a free sat box we wonít be able to pause or record content. She also said we are going to loose all saved content. Why would I loose anything saved, surely its saved to the hard drive.
      I dont suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Watching SKY Plus after disconnecting

You won't lose anything saved it is just that you won't be able to watch them. Anything that you have downloaded that has an expiry date will be deleted after that date but recorded programmes will remain on the hard drive and will be viewable again if you should re-instate the relevant subscription within twelve months of your subscription expiry.

If you have only just cancelled your subscription there is a 31 day notice period during which time you still have full access to your usual channels and recordings.

If your marketing preferences allow it you may be contacted by Sky with offers to re-instate your subscription and remain with Sky.