Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky multiscreen temporarily at two different addresses

This is a discussion on Sky multiscreen temporarily at two different addresses within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Please let's get one thing straight from the start, I know you can't permanently use a multiscreen subscription at two ...

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Seethelight FTTH
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Sky multiscreen temporarily at two different addresses

Please let's get one thing straight from the start, I know you can't permanently use a multiscreen subscription at two different addresses as that would be fraud and not something I would ever condone. I am just wondering if there is a way that I can use what I am paying for for a limited period of time. If this question infringes the rules of this forum then please accept my apologies and mods feel free to remove it.

I have the full Sky package including multiscreen. We are moving home soon and for various reasons I will be alone in the new house during the week for a couple of months until the whole family moves. During that time, there will be a Sky box with a paid-for multiroom subscription standing unused in the old house and I will be in the new house without Sky. Would it be technically possible to use the multiscreen box at the new address or would that flag up with Sky? I suppose an alternative would be to cancel the multiscreen subscription, take a new customer discount at the new house then cancel the original subscription when we move, but wouldn't that mean losing all our recodings and downloads?
      Last edited by NickS; 22-12-17 at 03:53 PM. Reason: typo

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky multiscreen temporarily at two different addresses

I doubt whether it would work as the Sky Q multiscreen box does not have its own viewing card it therefore has to be able to communicate with the main box to obtain subscription entitlements and encryption keys.

You could always use a laptop, tablet or phone with Sky Go.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky multiscreen temporarily at two different addresses

If you using the old style Sky HD box I don’t think it will cause a problem, we did something similar a few years back, and it was a good few months before Sky noticed the box was no longer visible to them. They just sent a letter asking where the second box had disappeared to? Currently my Mum regularly takes a viewing card to her static caravan during the summer, we just pair it with the box at the caravan using the app. Sky have never questioned why we keep moving the card about. But I don’t think your plan is possible with Sky Q.