Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By sadio_mane

My Sky HD box needs both an HDMI connection and a SCART connection to function?

This is a discussion on My Sky HD box needs both an HDMI connection and a SCART connection to function? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Weird issue.... got a SKY HD DRX595L box and a Samsung MU6100 TV. If I just connect the two with ...

sadio_mane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

My Sky HD box needs both an HDMI connection and a SCART connection to function?

Weird issue.... got a SKY HD DRX595L box and a Samsung MU6100 TV. If I just connect the two with an HDMI cable, it doesn't work - no signal. But if I also plug in a SCART cable to the Sky HD box and connect it to the composite AV in input on the TV, it works. I get a "SKY HDMI" source, which is definitely HD quality, and an "AV" source which is a low quality 4:3 picture.

If I try to pull out the SCART cable, the image/sound disappear and the screen starts slashing red/purple. If I try to pull out the HDMI cable, I get the TV's "No signal" message.

Why can't I just do SKY > HDMI > TV ? Why do I need the extra cable? Is it a dodgy box? A dodgy TV? Dodgy HDMI cable? Something else?

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: My Sky HD box needs both an HDMI connection and a SCART connection to function?

You shouldn't need a scart lead, have you tried on a different TV or a different HDMI socket?

seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: My Sky HD box needs both an HDMI connection and a SCART connection to function?

What HD Resolution Output is set on your Sky box?
      If 1080i try changing it to AUTOMATIC and check whether it works with the Scart cable removed.
      Go to services >Settings >Picture >HD Resolution Output.
      Remember to Save Settings using the green button on your remote before leaving the Picture Settings menu page.

sadio_mane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Turned out to be an incompatible HDMI cable! FYI Poundland cables work perfectly with Sky HD boxes: better than more expensive ones!
      bubblegun and seawright like this.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadio_mane View Post
      Turned out to be an incompatible HDMI cable! FYI Poundland cables work perfectly with Sky HD boxes: better than more expensive ones!
      I hope it wasn't one of those 40 cables Curry's try to sell you with a new TV!
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky