Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Like Tree15Likes

Sky TV price increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10%

This is a discussion on Sky TV price increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10% within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by KevinJackson My price increase is 5% which is unwelcome. However, what really annoys me is their pricing ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky TV price increase on 1 September 2013 by up to 10%

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJackson View Post
      My price increase is 5% which is unwelcome. However, what really annoys me is their pricing structure. If you went into Greggs and asked for a cake and the assistant insisted that you couldn't buy a cake until you'd bought a pie you wouldn't be happy: but that's Skys pricing policy in a nutshell.
      I only want to watch Sky Sports, Eurosport and Freeview channels in HD but they demand I purchase several hundred channels of (in my view) rubbish before I can view the channels I am interested in.
      I don't know about "believe in better" I'd just like to see them start with fairer.
      I may be dreaming this, but I'm sure it is actually possible to subscribe to SkySports without any entertainment pack..... they just don't advertise it.

I'll see if I can find the link.... as I say, I may well be dreaming it.

EDIT.

Looks like you used to: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1304009

but seems to have changed: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Prog...ge/td-p/584826 perhaps this changed when SkySports dropped off TUTV.

2. Advertisement
      tytusgroan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: W/Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I bit the bullet and moved from my other ip to join Sky.After a massive hike from £22pm to£57[ I had a 75% discount from the previous Year]I got quite a shock when I saw what I was going to pay.When I contacted Sky about joining their broadband and negotiate a new deal for the tv,things couldn't have gone better.I have ended up paying less for both,than what i had been previously paying.Now I can only hope my broadband speed doesn't put me into the dark ages when they connect me up.My Max speed is only about 5mbps. Living in a rural area doesn't help unfortunately.Now how to read up in keeping my old router on.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I bit the bullet and moved from my other ip to join Sky.After a massive hike from £22pm to£57[ I had a 75% discount from the previous Year]I got quite a shock when I saw what I was going to pay.When I contacted Sky about joining their broadband and negotiate a new deal for the tv,things couldn't have gone better.I have ended up paying less for both,than what i had been previously paying.Now I can only hope my broadband speed doesn't put me into the dark ages when they connect me up.My Max speed is only about 5mbps. Living in a rural area doesn't help unfortunately.Now how to read up in keeping my old router on.

launton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVROY (Liverpool Royal)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-N66U
      Sky TV: Humax HDR-1000S
      Thanks

I've removed skytv and downgraded to fibre unlimited. No complaints, SKY has been great and although it wasn't completely about the cost it was hitting £95 a month for Skytalk, TV and BB. Back to freesat for the time being

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789