Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What cables will I need - communal sky dish.

This is a discussion on What cables will I need - communal sky dish. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am shortly going to be moving to a new flat that has a communal sky dish. Each flat has ...

hungledink is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Urmston, Mch
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

What cables will I need - communal sky dish.

I am shortly going to be moving to a new flat that has a communal sky dish.

Each flat has a faceplate with sockets for sky. What cables will I need to connect my sky box to one of these sockets?

Would I be better off cutting off the cable in my current flat and fitting an adapter to the cut ends, or is there a specific cable for this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: What cables will I need - communal sky dish.

You will need something like this -
      [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/2m-F-Connector-Satellite-Cable-Premium/dp/B003S8SM0Q/ref=pd_cp_ce_2"]2m F-Connector Satellite Cable - Premium quality: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

If you get 2 connections to the dish, you will need 2 of these. Many flats with a communal dish only have 1 connection per flat.

You can of course, cut off the cables in your existing house and make things difficult for the next occupant.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.