Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Amstrad DRX 280 Sky Plus Box - install

This is a discussion on Amstrad DRX 280 Sky Plus Box - install within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky Subscriber. Had a problem with my Thompson Sky + box which I have now resolved, but in the meantime ...

poor1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Amstrad DRX 280 Sky Plus Box - install

Sky Subscriber. Had a problem with my Thompson Sky + box which I have now resolved, but in the meantime bought an Amstrad DRX280 Sky + Box which is only two months old. I appreciate that the box will have to be paired by Sky Unfortunately it came without a User Manual. There is a label on the top of the box which says 'Note to Installation engineer - It is imperative that the Over Air Software Download is performed during installation'
      Questions:
      a)Where can I download or obtain a User Manual for the box (Amstrad support doe not appear to offer one)
      b)How do I self install and obtain the software download
      c)What else to watch out for?

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Amstrad DRX 280 Sky Plus Box - install

the user manual will be a Sky HD box manual, there isn't one for each make, I don't know if Sky has a pdf avalible for download.

to perform a software update unplug the box, leave it a minute then as you plug the box back in hold down the backup button on the sky box (not the remote as it won't work) and leave it held down until you see all the LED's on the box flash and a message comes up on the screen saying that update is in progress.

When the update is finished the box will restart.
      Last edited by Undecided Adrian; 24-04-10 at 01:20 PM. Reason: update
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

poor1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Amstrad DRX 280 Sky Plus Box - install

Many thanks. I do have a User Guide that came with the Thompson box. I was not aware that a User Guide was not published for each manufacturer.