Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No Sat Signal everyday at 10am-2pm

This is a discussion on No Sat Signal everyday at 10am-2pm within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I can confirm that the Anytime is indeed off. I think it automatically changes to off once you select single ...

skywatcher77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No Sat Signal everyday at 10am-2pm

I can confirm that the Anytime is indeed off. I think it automatically changes to off once you select single feed mode. The box itself i got from ebay just recently, here is a picture of the box, perhaps you may know the year as its a limited edition.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5751/pict0023qh.jpg

The box is in a well ventilated place with plenty of air freely passing through, i have even had it standing upright (PS3 style) incase it was over heating etc. Its probably warming in the evening in the living room than it is the times im having the problems anyway. This has been a problem since i moved into the flat, i had a normal sky+ box to begin and the same problems happened with that. I thought the HD box with single feed would be the solution to my problem but it appears not.

I shall open the box up and have a look inside at the capacitors etc as per the link. Thanks for some more extra info.

I reported earlier today that the times had changed of my no signal, eventually i lost the rag and reset the LNB on the box and restarted it. When it came back on, i had lost all channels, even the BBC ones, it took me a further 2 hours to get the box stable again and ALL channels, including satellite channels at 5pm!

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sounds like you have a faulty receiver rather than a signal problem.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      Sounds like you have a faulty receiver rather than a signal problem.
      But the OP had the same problem with another Sky+ box and swopped to a Sky HD box but the problem persists. I suppose it could be two boxes with identical faults but I feel it's the installation that's the problem. The other two flats on the distribution system seem to be OK.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Get into the loft and check out everything!! lol.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenedin View Post
      Get into the loft and check out everything!! lol.
      The OP says "The booster is located in the loft which is locked by the landlord im afraid. I really need to speak to him about this i guess, was just wondering if there was a fix i could do before i call him as hes not the best of landlords."

But I do agree that the problem may well be in the loft!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cheers guys, i actually have 2 sky+ boxes spare as well as the HD box, tried all three with the same problem. By the looks of things i will have to contact the landlord which could still take a fair amount of time for him to turn up and look at it, i just wish sky would deal with it as i am a sky customer.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

I assume you're connecting via a wallplate in the flat, and not directly. Have you checked the extension cable from the wall to the digibox? Is it self-made, or did you get it from a shop, eg Maplins etc. The other three flats will be similarly connected? I know they don't use Sky, but the connection will still be there for their use if required. If you're on good terms with any of the other three, maybe you could explain your problem to one of them and ask nicely if you could hook up your Sky box and see what happens.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yeah im connected via the faceplate through just the one cable. I got the cable from a local "everythihng" shop, not self made. Ive thought perhaps it could be the cable, but that wouldnt explain the times would it? As far as i know only one of the other two flats dont use sky, the other two do. I only know of this as i had asked them if they were experiencing problems and they said no, havent noticed it. Not really on friendly terms with them as of yet due to only living here two months. I might perhaps get another cable to check, anything helps.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Today i thought i had a break through lol although im now having problems with manual record, it seems to record and not stop at the set end time. Anyway, 10am came and went today, managed to watch channel 5 no problem, and then bang on 11am it started to break up. What ive learned seems to be a quick fix is to switch the LNB off, the 22KHz Command off and the Single feed to off, this restarts the box, once restarted i then reverse all of those to ON and hey presto, signal is back on all channels except for channel 5 and Fiver which is perhaps the weakest of signals? It goes straight into blocky picture mode. I can also report that while this is happening the remote control becomes unresponsive, on screen freezes constantly and any information in the tv guide is lost.

Have i stumbled across something that sounds like it could be easily fixed now? Or a solution? Ive ordered some HQ gold shielded cable, inline amp booster and 2 Way Cable TV Splitter with DC power pass from Amazon, had a gift voucher to use so might as well get a few things and see if any this stuff will help.

After being in the house all day today i can report that after i had done as i had mentioned earlier i didnt have any problems, only the slight blocking effect on channel 5 and Fiver. I feel i have made a break through, but then again, when im not in the house i wont be able to reset the box like that. And i need to work out why the box isnt recording properly in manual record, im getting failed recordings all over the place, even through the night using the normal record button. No signal being the result, i even had one failed recording saying "Disk Test".
      Last edited by skywatcher77; 28-04-10 at 06:59 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

New LNB was fitted today. Problem solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast