Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 60k members.

Advertisement

My Sky+ remote will not operate my SKY+ box

This is a discussion on My Sky+ remote will not operate my SKY+ box within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have 3 sky+ remotes which were all working fine with my HD box, however box stopped working so I ...

jillkeb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01422
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

My Sky+ remote will not operate my SKY+ box

I have 3 sky+ remotes which were all working fine with my HD box, however box stopped working so I have borrowed my boyfriends sky+ box, one of my remotes continues to work and operates the box but the other 2 dont, however the red light flashes. They are both rev 8 on sticker in battery compartment, one is silver sky+ remote the other standard grey. I have tried the blink back programe check on one of the non working remotes and code is 065 but I am groping around in the dark really.

I have magic eye to 5 tvs in house and 2 boxes. All worked fine prior to change of box from HD to Sky+. now only one of the sky+ remotes works......help.

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: My Sky+ remote will not operate my SKY+ box

If you have replaced the Sky HD box with a Sky+ box, I take it you have switched the RF2 Outlet Power ON in the Service Menu. On the remote ( at the digibox ), press Services, 4, 0, 1, Select. In the Installers Menu, go to RF Outlets ( IIRC ) and switch ON RF Power Supply, remember to Save Settings. You will also have to set the RF Channel to what it was on the Sky HD box ( if you can remember ). The Default Channel is 68, but you may have changed that on the old box, and it may be different on your b/f's box..
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

jillkeb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01422
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi thanks for your response but the RF2 outlet is set on my standard sky box which has not been replace. All those settings have stayed the same. The lights are red on the magic eyes so power is reaching them. One of my original remotes is still working but 2 have ceased. I can only presume they were set to operate with codes for sky hd and not sky+ but dont know how to change them.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Try resetting the 2 remotes to operate Sky+. Note the procedure is different according to which remote you are resetting ( HD remote is the flatter silver one ).

See Q3 here:

SkyEye Multi HD - FAQ

You may also have re-input the codes for your tv's.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),