Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

advice on late payment on direct debit sky tv

This is a discussion on advice on late payment on direct debit sky tv within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, how do sky manage when they try to take a payment and there is no sufficient funds in ...

a_c_harris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

advice on late payment on direct debit sky tv

Hi all, how do sky manage when they try to take a payment and there is no sufficient funds in the bank account???? I had a problem with my account so sky tried to take the payment, but could not and my on-line account said it is the amount overdue.

This is my 1st time I had no funds in the account, so will sky re-submit the DD to the bank or do I pay the balance via a credit card. As I am afraid that if I pay, sky will take double payment from card and DD.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: advice on late payment on direct debit sky tv

I suggest you phone Sky and get it resolved, make sure that your account has the money in it now beofre trying again, as banks tend to charge in the region of 25 for failed DD due to lack of funds.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

You could log into mysky and see what your current payment method is, if it is set to cash / card (not sure of the options) There is a pay this bill now button, which I assume you could then pay by card.

If it is set to D/D then I would assume Sky may try again. Probably best to ring Sky and sort it direct.

08442 414 141 (UK)
      0818 719 819 (Rep of Ireland)

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

dave1977 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You can change your payment option online, just log into your sky online account, and choose to pay by credit or debit card, however that will attract extra 50p or so for each transaction. If Sky had earlier tried to get money from your bank account via direct debit and failed, usually your bank will charge you a failed direct debit fee which could be up to 35 depending on what bank you use.

Paying by direct debit remain the best option so long as you remember the outgoing dates and do your best to have enough money to cover the payment. You can check directdebitalerts.com they offer SMS reminder service for direct debits to help people remember and save them failed direct debit penalties. The idea is that an SMS reminder 1, 2 or 3 days before the direct debit payment date will help you remember and do something to save yourself the bank charge