Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my remote won't work my magic eye

This is a discussion on my remote won't work my magic eye within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; please help! i've recently upgraded to sky+ and can't seem to get my magic eye to work new the sky+ ...

ssamanthamills is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01269
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my remote won't work my magic eye

please help!
      i've recently upgraded to sky+ and can't seem to get my magic eye to work new the sky+ box. i bought a new sky+ remote to use in my bedroom with the magic eye and it has the red light on flashing when i use the remote but it will not change the channels on sky. i've had the magic eye for about 5 years now and it worked perfectly with the sky box i orignially had with the sky remote. i have always had it wired through the tv aerial sockets as i am unable to recieve terestrial tv and it saves wires trailing around the house. i've checked all the sockets and wiring and still nothing.
      do i need to buy a new one or is there something else i need to buy? even better if someone knows of a cheap way of getting it to work! i've spent 2 days on it now and i'm loosing my hair!

thanks in advance

sam

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: my remote won't work my magic eye

Have you activated the RF2 output on your Sky+ box?
      Check if the LED on the remote magic eye is lit, if not try connecting it directly on the back of the Sky box, this would eliminate any wiring issues.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i've already done all that and the light is on and the rf is switched on. any other suggestions? i've checked the 2 aerial leads separetly from the back of the sky+ box aswell and they all work but won't work when they are linked up throguh the aerial sockets like i had with the old sky box

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

If I understand the magic eye remote works when plugged into a flying lead of f the Sky box, but not when the signal is routed via your internal wiring.
      The red LED on the magic eye does light up when connected via the internal wiring, but you can't change channels, you do however get the Sky TV signal.
      Have you tried both your remote controls? A standard Sky remote won't work with a Sky+ box.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

even i'm getting confused now! yes i get the light on the magic eye both when attached to the sky box and when its plugged into the second tv through the aerial socket. i bought a new sky+ remote but it will not change the channel over with the magic eye. (although the light does come on the thing but will not change the channels!) i get the sky picture on the 2nd tv but it will not change over the channel on sky. i've even tried the old remote but still no joy!

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unlimited
      Router: Thomson TG585
      Sky TV: Amstrad Sky+
      Thanks

I have a magic eye working on my Sky+ box which previously worked on my old Sky box. I also bought a second remote for the Sky+ which works.

You said you had the magic eye working previously with your old box but are you using the same wiring as before? One problem which can occur is if there are any short circuits in the coax cable, these can occur in the connectors so it might be worth checking to make sure there aren't any although I have a feeling that the picture won't be very good with a short circuit in the cable. Joints in the cable can also cause problems. If you have any joints try changing the joining connectors.

Do you still have the old digibox? If so does the magic eye still work with it?

I have discovered that you can't have two magic eyes on the same cable/outlet as I have been trying to get a TV in the kitchen and one in the bedroom working at the same time. Hope this helps.

aidanjennis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 863441488
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

i'm having problems with my sky remote also. i have perfect picture on my bedroom telly but the LED will not work on my eye. this is the second eye i've tried- thought the first one was faulty. i have the coax cable installed correctly with one joining box in between. i tried plugging the eye directly into RF output of sky+ box to check for power but still no LED. help!

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

You'll obviously have checked to see that you are using RF2 Out at the back of the digibox, and also that RF Outlet Power Supply is switched to ON in the service menu ( HD -Services, 0, 0, 1, Select, 4 , or Services, 4, 0, 1, Select ). You could try switching it OFF, exit the service menu, rebooting the box from the mains, then re-enabling the RF Outlet Power Supply. Remember to save settings each time.

You could try a software update, or even a Full System Reset (but this will delete your recordings if Sky+ ), so use it as a last resort.

Failing all of this, you either have a faulty RF2 Out, a faulty eye, or your eye is not fully compatible with the digibox. Might be an idea to try the eye on someone else's box if possible, at least you may be able to eliminate the eye as the culprit.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

A simple reboot fixes a lot of "faults" like this.
      Otherwise see Problems with your TV Link?
      and Split Digibox RF outlet for other TVs

boobles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: magic eye

ive upgrade to sky hd and my eye wont work ive turned on the rf2 and ive tried it in the box it works in the box then when i connect it to the aerial it wont work help please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast