Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Shoddy Installation - small claims court

This is a discussion on Shoddy Installation - small claims court within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; New to this site & not sure if using correct page here?? I am desperate for some help! A very ...

chezza is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Shoddy Installation - small claims court

New to this site & not sure if using correct page here??
      I am desperate for some help! A very long story of problems with SKY TV installation which has not been resolved despite my patience and SKYs promises. My only course of action now is to pay an independant engineer to put things right & make a claim in the small claims court.
      The fitter was a sub contractor (in fact a sub sub contractor!) - as far as I am concerned my contract is with SKY and I want to claim against them but will it get kicked back as outside their responsibility? I've tried to find anything on their website re: installation terms/conditions but no luck, can you help? Thanks

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Shoddy Installation - small claims court

Moved to correct forum.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Shoddy Installation - small claims court

Ok at the end of the day your contract is with Sky, Sky can send round who they like to install your system but at the end of the day the buck stops with them.

If you are planning to take them to court your going to have to have a watertight case, this is what I had to do beofre I had to take a duff builder to court.

From now on all it's best if all correspondence is in mail, you send a letter to them make it recorded delivery and keep a copy for yourself, you can fax it as well as long as you keep details of what you done and when.

Give Sky a reasonable amount of time (ie 30 days) to rectify the situation otherwise you shall be forced to take them to court.

Take photographs of everything that is shoddy, ie poorly installed dish, all good as evidence in court.

You may need to get an independant expert in to do a report on how shoddy it was.

Also it's best to have a chat with the Citizens Advice Bereau (CAB), Trading Standards, and also check to see if your house insurance policy covers you for free legal advice as well.

Hope this is of some help.