Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

How to align my dish?

This is a discussion on How to align my dish? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, can someone advise me how best to go about checking & realigning my sky dish? It has a ...

mattylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How to align my dish?

Hi all, can someone advise me how best to go about checking & realigning my sky dish?

It has a quad LNB on, I have a sat signal meter & am experianced with putting up aerials etc, but have never done a dish before.

I have had a go but despite getting a good signal on the meter have a "no signal received" on the sky+ & sky boxes.

(the dish got knocked out of alignment - we have big squirrels round here :-).

Are there any tutorials etc for this please, I'd rather not call in the engineers just yet.
      P.S. does the 70+ engineer visit include the cost of any replacement arts (dish/lnb/cable etc) ??

Cheers,
      Matty

2. Advertisement
      TELEMETRY is offline Sky User Clan Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How to align my dish?

You should find that the 60 call out charge includes all parts, I know they will even change a box if it is at fault.
      If you know what you are doing and have a meter then I would think you have a component fault, its not that difficult to get a signal.
      It may be worth you searching for a LNB on Ebay if you dont want to pay the 60, my advice to you however is pay the money, its easier and will get the quickest results.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How to align my dish?

Quote Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
      Are there any tutorials etc for this please
      There are plenty of guides out there such as this one How to use the SatCure Satellite Finder Signal Meter.

(Google is your friend )