Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How to get two hdmi outputs from the sky+hd box with different audio settings

This is a discussion on How to get two hdmi outputs from the sky+hd box with different audio settings within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Does anyone know how I can get my sky+hd box to output to two hdmis one with Dolby d output ...

Tess17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01932
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lightbulb How to get two hdmi outputs from the sky+hd box with different audio settings

Does anyone know how I can get my sky+hd box to output to two hdmis one with Dolby d output and the other with normal digital audio output? I have an hdmi splitter so have split into two hdmi outputs, but I am struggling to then convert one of the outputs to a different audio type. I have a Dolby d surround system on one output and an ordinary digital tv on the other, but can get no sound on the normal TVs when sky box output is Dolby d. I need to convert it somehow. Anyone got any clue how to do this please? I have tried buying an audio converter to attach to one of the splitter outputs - this did not work.
      Any ideas gratefully received.......

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,205 Times in 2,074 Posts

Re: How to get two hdmi outputs from the sky+hd box with different audio settings

It can't be done unless you can find a specific splitter which does it for you.

Personally I would set the sound to stereo for HDMI and connect the optical feed to the one which has surround sound. Of course not all surround systems take optical feeds.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms