Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What can my box receive after leaving sky

This is a discussion on What can my box receive after leaving sky within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Hello forum, I've heard it's possible to receive all the Freesat channels with a Sky HD box and then pay ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Cool What can my box receive after leaving sky

Hello forum, I've heard it's possible to receive all the Freesat channels with a Sky HD box and then pay Sky 10 a month to retain the pause, record, wind back scan forward features etc at 10 a month. Can anyone advise if this is is the case please. I presently have two HD boxes, connected to the dish with multiscreen enabled to one separate room. Alternatively, would say two Freesat boxes, work off the present dish arrangement for Multiscreen, which has both aerial outputs wired and connected, as I swapped the little multiscreen box for my own HD unit, to gain better functionality.

I'm just out of contract and my bill details are;

Box Sets 38.00
      Sky Multiscreen 12.00

Can anyone advise what Box sets are please? I've seen them on the planner screen, but I've ever asked for them, is this a new way of billing 'Documentaries'? All I really want is just the Freesat range, plus the Documentary channels and 50 seems an expensive route for these few extra programmes and the ability to watch them in two rooms (never jointly, as I live alone these days). I've enjoyed Sky for over 20 years now and have no complaints, but now eventually the cost, post retirement has become a factor I may reluctantly have to forego.

Anyway, thank you for looking and any advice you could help me with - Martin

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: What can my box receive after leaving sky

Quote Originally Posted by skydance View Post
      Can anyone advise what Box sets are please?
      Box sets are https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-box-sets

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I cancelled my Mums TV package a couple of weeks ago, when I told Sky we were thinking of moving the phone and broadband Adsl to Plusnet, they offered free broadband for 12 months, continuation of the record, playback and catch up services on the Sky box, line rental and anytime call package, all for 31 a month which was 4 cheaper than we were paying for the phone and broadband on its own.
      Result! As it also saved spending 150 on a Humax freetime box, which is what we had planned. Oh and yes you get all the freesat channels.
      Last edited by Koala5; 24-11-16 at 10:11 PM.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      I cancelled my Mums TV package a couple of weeks ago, when I told Sky we were thinking of moving the phone and broadband Adsl to Plusnet, they offered free broadband for 12 months, continuation of the record, playback and catch up services on the Sky box, line rental and anytime call package, all for 31 a month which was 4 cheaper than we were paying for the phone and broadband on its own.
      Result! As it also saved spending 150 on a Humax freetime box, which is what we had planned. Oh and yes you get all the freesat channels.
      The same option would cost 30.40 per month if cancelling tv just now and has done for several months. It's called the Sky+ Bundle.

About a year ago it cost 25.40 for the same thing.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky