Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

The Mystery of Package Contents?

This is a discussion on The Mystery of Package Contents? within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; I now have Sky Family Package and Sky HD at a cost of 33.00 a month. In January I dropped ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

The Mystery of Package Contents?

I now have Sky Family Package and Sky HD at a cost of 33.00 a month. In January I dropped the Movies package. Ever since I can't receive at least ITV 2 and 3 HD as well as Animal Planet HD and BT Sport 1 & 2 HD? So can anyone kindly advise what SKY HD covers and how much a month it costs? Sky don't list each item separately. I have tried accessing the 'Sky Talk', but it's always 'busy' and I don't want to pay the high costs for connection or rates per minute to await their tardy responses.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: The Mystery of Package Contents?

The Family Bundle is 33 per month.

Features

• Now with over 300 Sky Box Sets of the latest and greatest shows
      • Over 75 channels, plus 100s of free-to-air channels
      • Watch complete series of Sky Box Sets from the very beginning
      • with new titles added every month
      • The UK's biggest Catch Up TV service
      • Enjoy over 50 entertainment channels in stunning high definition
      • ITV Encore is a brand new channel dedicated to the very best of ITV's British drama, exclusively on Sky
      • Entertainment shows from Sky 3D
      • Watch your Sky TV channels with Sky Go on the move
      • Unlock TV on demand by connecting your Sky+HD box to your broadband

The HD channels listed as included in the Family bundle *DO* include HD versions of ITV2, ITV3 & ITV4 and Animal Planet, plus many others.

BT Sport (whether SD or HD) is subject to a separate subscription which is taken out via BT (not via Sky, even though it is delivered via the Sky satellite platform).

I think maybe you need to call them and discuss? If you're on Sky Talk, it's free. If you have included minutes on a mobile tariff, the 03 numbers are charged as a standard UK call. Otherwise, try saynoto0870.com for either an 0800 number.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I am on the same package, having relinquished Movies and the HD legacy package last month. I have just checked and I can receive ITV2/3 and Animal Planet. I cannot receive BT Sport as this requires an additional subscription.

If you have the legacy HD package costing about 10 a month on top of the package cost, all this will give you in addition to the Family Pack, is access to the F1 channel.

The Variety pack gives you access to all the SD non-premium channels (about 74) plus access to On Demand. With the family Pack you get all the same channels in SD and HD plus access to Boxed Sets.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Thank you so much to you both 'Speedywrite and Isitme'. I got an alternative number from "saynoto0870" and got through to Sky. Apparently the young woman (who fell asleep, whilst I was requesting dropping the Movies package last month) did something incorrectly! Today after passing information from the services menu display I'm now able to access all HD channels I couldn't before.