Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Despicable Attitude After 15 Loyal Years so we are Leaving.

This is a discussion on Despicable Attitude After 15 Loyal Years so we are Leaving. within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Last week we called Sky to upgrade out old Sky+ box to the newer HD Box. As we just cant ...

Sky9829 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Angry Despicable Attitude After 15 Loyal Years so we are Leaving.

Last week we called Sky to upgrade out old Sky+ box to the newer HD Box. As we just cant afford to keep adding to the already outlandish costs we are paying we cancelled the ESPN which would cancel out the additional cost of the HD. You would have thought that after 15 years of shelling out these extortionate costs and being a loyal customer that they would have upgraded the box for free but Oh no we had to pay for that. Delivery via Royal Mail was set for today 31st Dec.

So as Im disabled in a wheelchair and my other half awaiting a knee replacement so unable to go crawling around on the floor with cables, we got a willing friend to come in to dismantle the cables ready for when the box arrived and instal the new one. Knowing when our RM delivery normally comes by lunch time we knew something was up so called Sky's disabled line.

I was greeted with a very aloof woman who after looking in the computer and not finding anything clearly didnt believe a word I was saying. Her attitude was they would have to listen to the tape before commenting. The fact that we had been put to all the inconvenience we had was of no concern and until the tape had been heard she was not prepared to put the call through to a manager. I told her that unless I got a call back by a manager by 1.30 I would cancel the contract. She said she would not be there at 1.30 but would have the call heard as "soon as possible".

At 1.45pm the same person called me. Clearly the lie about leaving before 1.30 now forgotten. She said that they had discovered the call had confirmed what I had said and that further investigations had shown the computer had cancelled our payment therefore voiding the transaction so no box had been sent out and no record of one to be sent out in the future had been made. She apologised! I asked what compensation was being offered for the inconvenience and was told none.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told none was available and even if there was they would say the same. I told them it was unacceptable and demanded to speak with one as was my right. She put me on hold and when she came back on my husband spoke to her and once again he was told the manager was too busy to speak with him. He told her that unless she put him through to a manager or agreed some compensation he would cancel our contract. She agreed to cancel the contract without any hesitation and put the phone down.

That was 85 a month which we have paid for 15 years and without any hesitation just cancelled. We are absolutely disgusted with there attitude. If they treat all their customers like that then I hope a good few more people cancel their contracts too. BT or Virgin will be only too pleased to have us.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Despicable Attitude After 15 Loyal Years so we are Leaving.

You should really make your feelings known on the Official Sky Help forum. Unfortunately all we can do is offer our sympathy and suggest you contact the Executive Team by emailing jeremy.darroch at bskyb.com.
      Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank You - I think we will! And thanks for the name and contact details too. Happy New Year!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You - I think we will! And thanks for the name and contact details too. Happy New Year!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hmmm! Interesting, They obviously dont like having complaints on that Forum. I copied more or less what I wrote on here and it lasted about an hour if that! Now its just gone...vanished...somebody has decided to take it off. Im going to put it back on again and see what happens..grin!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,219 Times in 2,088 Posts

Have you checked to see whether or not the message was just moved to a different section of the forum?

Sometimes this can happen and it can make it easy to miss any replies if you haven't correctly set up things so that you are subscribed to the thread.

Go back to the Sky forum, ensure that you are signed in (you may actually need to sign out, then sign in again) and click on your profile. There you should see any recent posts of yours listed.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

They moved it to a section under Rewards, Incentives and Vouchers! I can't think what my complaint has to do with any of those categories so I assume they are just trying to bury it there. They also attached the second post I wrote to it so they have both been clubbed together in that spot. I have asked why this has been moved there and now I get silence. Is the "Jane" who did this a web name from somebody in India? If so this may explain things somewhat!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,219 Times in 2,088 Posts

The on-line team are all based in the UK. I believe that most of them are in the Edinburgh area.

With the official forum they will sometimes put a single member's posts together. I can do the same here if needed. It helps to keep things tidier and target better any support issues.

Do ensure that you are subscribed to the new thread and respond to anything Jane is asking of you.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms