Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Being charged with no services installed?!

This is a discussion on Being charged with no services installed?! within the Sky / Sky+ / Sky+ HD forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; On the 20th of November I rang Sky and discussed having the my services reconnected at my new home after ...

stuckindevon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: former Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Exclamation Being charged with no services installed?!

On the 20th of November I rang Sky and discussed having the my services reconnected at my new home after being away from sky for the best part of a year. The sky representative after I advised him I didnt have my old sky box or modem, and he said that if i got HD then it wouldnt be a problem. I was transfered to another part of the Sky business to organise an engineer date to install the service, after talking to this representative the call was dropped on their end, I called back and talked to someone else who transfered me back to the engineer booking department and I spoke to someone else, after a brief exchange I was told that they would call me back with the engineering home visit date as there was an issue with my postcode. After a couple of days I cooled to the idea of returning to Sky, and called back asking could everything be put on indefinate hold, the lady on the otherend told me that my order hadn't been completed and that she would update her screen and when i was ready to return to re-organise an installation and commencement of service to give them a call.

I thought that was the end of the matter, until I checked my bank accounts and noticed a new debit 21 Dec 2010 D/D SKY DIGITAL - 36.73 I called Sky and was told that my service was active, I told the rep that I didnt even have any equipment installed. I was transfered to someone else, who said that my details had not been updated and there was no record of my call stating my attention not to proceed, which seems beside the point when I was told my order had not been completed? Or services installed?

I was told that Sky would call me back, and was asked for my number so the call would be on their pound not mine, then my call was cut off, I didn't have my call returned so after two hours I called again and explained my situation, I was told there was no record of my previous call on his screen either, I was transfered to "someone that will be able to help you" and cut off again.

I'am wondering whether Ofcom would be able to resolve this matter quickly? or what route I should take?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Being charged with no services installed?!

Ofcom will be a waste of time as they do not handle individual disputes. There is an ombudsman who handles disputes concerning the phone, Otelo, but I don't know of one for TV. This is the cancellations number for TV, you might get somewhere giving them a call - 08442 41 44 14 95

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Being charged with no services installed?!

When you said you we reconnecting back to sky after being a way for a while did you owe any money from your previous address? Just a quick thought. As no charges what so ever should be raised until the box has been installed and the viewing card activated. The activation of the viewing card is what actually triggers the billing cycle. E.G In theory you could have an install done but if you didn't activate the viewing card for say 6 months no billing would ever occur