Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month

This is a discussion on Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month within the Sky Rumour Mill forums, part of the Sky news and announcements category; It is rumoured that Sky will rebrand all their EPGs in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Instead ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month

Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month-small-pink-ribbon-free-clipart-pink-ribbon-clip-art-365_600.jpg

It is rumoured that Sky will rebrand all their EPGs in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.

Instead of the Sky or Now TV Logo, weíll see a pink ribbon for the month of October and the background colour will be a shade of pink.

Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month-pink-epg-02.jpgSky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month-pink-sky-q.jpgSky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month-pink-nowtv-router.jpg

Facts and Statistics 2016

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/...cts-statistics

• Every year nearly 62,000 people are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK, thatís the equivalent of one person every 10 minutes
      • 1 in 8 women in the UK will develop breast cancer in their lifetime
      • Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK
      • Around 11,400 people die from breast cancer in the UK every year
      • More than eight out of 10 (87%) people survive breast cancer beyond five years
      • 1 in 7 women aged 50-70 who attend routine mammograms never check their breasts for signs of cancer outside these appointments.
      • Breast cancer also affects men, but itís rare Ė around 390 men are diagnosed each year.

The three main risk factors:

1. Gender - being a woman is the biggest risk factor for developing breast cancer.
      2. Getting older - the older the people, the higher the risk, more than 80% of breast cancers occur in women over the age of 50. Most men who get breast cancer are over 60.

Significant family history Ė this isnít common; around 5% of people diagnosed with breast cancer have inherited a faulty BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Sky to rebrand their EPGs for International Breast Awareness Month

Booohooooo.....

No one bit!

I hope that you had a happy April Fool's Day.

P.S. It would be nice if Sky did do something like this, but there are no plans at this time to do so.
      Angel_Rex likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster 2
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello All
      I keep being asked the Same question from many friends & colleges
      When is Sky Going to announce the New Packages :ie Entertainment
      with the Netflix Option................??............

I know they have added Spotify but as usual with Sky they announce something
      then You Hear Nothing for Weeks other than the tab to register interest ....!!
      I am sure they already have the pricing in place although this will only be an Option
      for SkyQ Customers Why that is I am not Sure....??....

I suppose with over 12 Million Customers a Few Thousand Disappointed One's
      Don't really Count.......................!!!!!

Just a Thought..............'Hooray Bank Holiday Sunshine'

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster 2
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello All
      It has been a while since I have looked here.....Not Much has been happening of Late apart from Sky restating that
      they are adding Netflix at some Time............
      When Nobody know's
      Anyway it appears that the 'Evil Murdoch' has lost out to Comcast whoever they are I haven't a Clue .......!!! some American
      cable company I Think but no doubt somebody here will be able to explain 'Drum Roll for Scubbie.....!!!!
      let's just hope it will be positive for Sky.

Just a Thought..............Time for a Cold Beer Me Thinks

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      Hello All
      It has been a while since I have looked here.....Not Much has been happening of Late apart from Sky restating that
      they are adding Netflix at some Time............
      When Nobody know's
      Anyway it appears that the 'Evil Murdoch' has lost out to Comcast whoever they are I haven't a Clue .......!!! some American
      cable company I Think but no doubt somebody here will be able to explain 'Drum Roll for Scubbie.....!!!!
      let's just hope it will be positive for Sky.
      Netflix is looking to be coming around September, from what has been said recently. But no date mentioned yet.
      We may get more on that in the Sky 12 months financial report next Thursday.

As for Comcast, I know many US work colleagues and friends that rate comcast very well.
      In the US the 'cable cutting' has taken more of a hit from the likes of OTT brands like Netflix, Amazon Prime and a lot of online sport and film portals, than it has here in the UK and Europe.
      In the UK its more we subscribe to the OTT services as well as subscribe to Sky, Virgin, BT etc.

Comcast basically is two parts, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal.
      Comcast Cable is the largest Cable TV, video and broadband provider in the US and is one of the top three landline and mobile phone providers, via its Xfinity brand.
      NBCUniversal, has news, entertainment and sports channels. Also it own Dreamworks, Universal Pictures, CNBC, MSNBC and The Weather Channel. As part of the Universal ownership, it owns the Universal Parks and Resorts.

As mentioned above, Comcast has been hit by the US 'cable cutters' and has been looking to acquire other assets and has always been looking to a more international market.
      It gets about 10% of its business revenue internationally and that it would be as much as 25% if they bought Sky.
      They have been quite open that they would like to share both ways the technology that both companies have. They would keep Sky for us much as it is now, but it will give Sky more content and more buying power.
      Comcast already does a fair bit in the UK and employs 1300 employees here, for its film and TV productions.